• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures of your Backhoe!!!!!

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
I think the only reason any of the manufactures put a boom lock on was because of the bitching they put up with from settling hydraulics.

Fatjay

1951 Oliver Super 88 with ware loaders and backhoe. 55hp inline 6 cylinder engine, detatchable hoe, brand new tires, rebuilt hydraulics.

kbLx35K.jpg

vu2B730.jpg

JtGXXcF.jpg

diggerdave1958

Very Nice, Fatjay. It good to see that someone would invest the time and money to keep a 1951 Oliver Super 88 running and work in today world, keep up the great pics would like to see more of the old girl working !!!
Thanks

Fatjay

I just rebuilt the rear spools and all hoses were replaced to the tune of just over $500. I've removed tree's, shrubs, stumps, and other random things. Works hard, is fairly decent on fuel, and other than the rear stabilizers having a hard time lifting the back up, has enough power to do pretty much everything I want to do.

spaYVDD.jpg

DOMYdGq.jpg

uKa8sen.jpg

xXTOB21.jpg

oRSm4O0.jpg

DualsportWA

In the spirit of stump removal, my Case 580K ripping out a stump from a tree that I "punched" over with the extendahoe:
IMAG1613.jpg

Fatjay

When purchasing my hoe, I really wanted a 580ck. Unfortunately the prices at the time just weren't right. I'm not sure why my hydraulics aren't at the 580 level though, as I'm in the same HP range. I'm still learning about hydraulics so I'll figure it out at some point.

Here's a video of a dig a few months ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8_QKwwxae4

dixon700

Occupation
heavy truck mechanic
In the spirit of stump removal, my Case 580K ripping out a stump from a tree that I "punched" over with the extendahoe:
View attachment 137933

I see it all the time,but I don't know why. Why is it some people raise the tlb as high as possible? Outriggers down the whole way and loader bucket dumped entire way and down. I just level mine out and make sure the back tires are off the ground.

diggerdave1958

Nice looking 555 rtoms, way back when I had a Ford 655A and it was a very good machine simple to maintain and repair and you could get parts just about any where. Would like to see some pics of her working !!!!!!!

JBP

backhoe.jpg

74 Case 580B CK. It runs. Two rebuilt cylinders, new starter, radiator, gauges, rewired. Three stumps out of the ground, 50 to go!

Current problem is one outrigger won't hold pressure pretty much at all and the hoe boom s l o w l y loses pressure. Since the controls for these are side-by-side, I wonder if the pressure leak is in the controls.

D Grade

Occupation
Service Technician
View attachment 140692

74 Case 580B CK. It runs. Two rebuilt cylinders, new starter, radiator, gauges, rewired. Three stumps out of the ground, 50 to go!

Current problem is one outrigger won't hold pressure pretty much at all and the hoe boom s l o w l y loses pressure. Since the controls for these are side-by-side, I wonder if the pressure leak is in the controls.

Just a guess here since I dont have experience on hoe's this old, but maybe take a gander at the backhoe control valve as you mentioned if the cylinders have been rebuilt and resealed.

catskinner 10

Occupation
Retired Operator/Master Mechanic 55Yr Member IUOE
I traded a 580C in on this D in 1982.
Still work it occasionally around the property.
8700 Hrs on the clock.

Well I need to figure out how to straighten them out,lol!
Tom

Attachments

• 20151205_121323.jpg
    20151205_121323.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 699
  • 20151205_121346.jpg
    20151205_121346.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 696
Last edited: