• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New T-Mar Grapple Yarder

2dayslogger

old gear jammer technology...... and fuel consumption is out the door with a cat in it.Lets get with the times hydraulic drums full interlock. Very user freindly, lowbed with easy and no wieght issues

SPMiller

Occupation
Operator
old gear jammer technology...... and fuel consumption is out the door with a cat in it.Lets get with the times hydraulic drums full interlock. Very user freindly, lowbed with easy and no wieght issues

The new cat's are actually pretty easy on fuel. Surprisingly so. What seemed to be the issue was electronics, and replacing injectors all the time. Atleast in the earth moving side of Cat equipment

Scott_527

Have you sold any of these yarders yet Tyson? Is there much iron in the yard lately? Any rebuilds going on? We all like pictures here haha

T-MAR

Still anxiously waiting for a deal to pan out. If the availability and price of parts for the older machines is any indication then it can't be to much longer before we get going. Lots of iron coming and going. We've had a couple of 7280s and a 124 go out recently, 044 here right now, more on the way. Quite a few others in the yard as always. I've been adding articles with some pictures to the news section of tmarequipment.com so keep an eye on that. Have some more to add including a sullair screw compressor upgrade for the 7280 that's working out really well. Shoot me a message if you want something specific and I'll see if I can run out with a camera when I get the chance.

Scott_527

Nothing specific, just if anything interesting comes through or if you're doing any interesting jobs I'd like to see it. I'm kind of a junky for Cypress stuff haha. I see that you guys are using ForestTech as a deal network and they've had a lot of smaller swing yarders listed lately so I thought maybe you guys had sold a couple yarders.

DBDLS

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Hey Folks: Check out T-Mar's website. They have designed a big brother for the 550, the Log Champ 650. Cat C15 engine, 525 horsepower, 5 speed Cat transmission, 65' boom, 2000' of mainline, 4200' of haulback, 150,000 lbs operating weight. I sure would love to get my hands on that one.

Just wondering if Tyson could get the line speeds for the 550 and 650 machines. I'm curious how they compare to other swing yarders.

Scott_527

That's pretty exciting, I kind of figured they would offer a larger version at some point. A 124 weighs 125,000lbs and this new 650 weighs 150k so that would put it somewhere between a 124 and a 7280 right? Hopefully they will have good luck selling these!

prolog nz

Any updates on the log champ? Also wouldn't mind seeing some progress pics of the 123 that was being rebuilt up there if anyone has any?

Coastal WA

Rumor on the street, Oregon Logging Conference last Thursday 20 Feb 2014, T Mar has sold one of their new designed Swing Yarders. SOunds like it sold to some one close to Cambell River and is supposed to be in the woods in June. Looking forward to seeing pictures/video of it.

T-MAR

IMG_20140409_164959.jpg

Here's a pic of the 123 I took a little while back. It's a bit like designing a new machine - Substantial changes to drive and pip, hydraulics, air and cab. Has to be repeatable, come with a parts book, schematics, etc. Nearly all of it is designed around components available for other machines to make it easy to work on and get parts for. Starting to take shape!

wornout wrench

Come on Tyson
how about another teaser of what you have on the new one so far.
You must have more then a few pieces of steel welded together
Inquiring minds want to know.

Mind you, I live in CR so I could drop by one day and beg for a look:popcorn

T-MAR

Final assembly began this week. We still have a little ways to go as it's the first one and we want everything "just so".

Will give you guys some pictures once it starts to look real interesting. Stay tuned

If you're in CR come by!