• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New T-Mar Grapple Yarder

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
Most likely not true. No one up here really cares for the small yarders . We traded straight across a 124 for a 7280C. So I am doubtful if any Div. here is getting one.

DBDLS

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Just had a look at T-Mar's website. There are pictures and information on the Log Champ yarder. The machine looks like a cross between a Madill 120 and a Cypress 6280, which is understandable considering the folks who designed the machine. All in all I think it looks good aesthetically. Could someone who knows what they are doing post a link to this? Thanks.

1931 kenworth

I heard that someone in alaska bought a 124 from nicolson and brightwater is building it any truth to that. $1.5 plus $50,000 for ocean freight.

Kiwi Logger

Well Brightwater have a brand new 124 that is either finished or nearly finished, it had been presold but I believe the sale fell through after the build was started.

furpo

I beleive Brightwater have two on the go.

Just had a look at the link. What is most interesting is how the engine is mounted. It looks like it will use a 90deg final drive instead of the more usual chain case. The strawline drum location looks good. I wonder how the side by side mains will go for grappling. With previous machines this arrangement gave trouble with too much slack on the slackpuller.

Last edited:

T-MAR

Hi All,

I work at T-MAR and stumbled across this thread while looking for some other information and thought I'd chime in. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

We've manufactured a variety of stuff including kobelco based hydraulic loaders and roadbuilders, hoe drills, grapples, loaders and have done a lot of rebuild work to boot. We do indeed have Jim Mantle and Ed Hughes of Cypress and Madill respectively putting the finishing touches on the yarder design.

We just finished a new website with some info on it and I'll be adding more as we go:

www.tmarequipment.com

-Tyson Lambert
T-MAR Industries LTD

T-MAR

thanks,

1,100,000 CAD is our price.

Full description is here: http://www.tmarequipment.com/t-mar-built/yarder/

Basically what we're looking at is a machine ideal for second growth harvesting in steep areas. It's based on a design that's been successful here yarding both up and downhill but in a 55 ton package that's easier to move and more fuel efficient. It'll also work with carriages which are popular in some areas.

Let me know if any more questions.

-Tyson

J&R_INC.

Occupation
Logging contractor
Looks like the love child of a Madill 120 and a T-Bird 155. I like it though. Will the drum reversing system on the front rdum set be mre reliable than the 155? Could it be customized to hold a bit more cable like 4000ft on the Haulback and 2000 on the mains?

T-MAR

Might be.. The winch frame might have to be changed to accommodate bigger drums. The drum reversing setup is similar to a cypress 7280 where it basically looks like a differential with a brake band around it. It's been a reliable design which is why we went that direction. I don't know enough about the 155 to know if it works the same or not.

T-MAR

Still working on the sale of the 1st one which is always the most difficult. Lots of serious interest so we should be there soon.