• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Neva Contracting Lake Cowichan B.C.

Pacific86

BP, Gordon still works the gravel trucks on the TFL abit. Not a lot of work there anymore. He keeps himself busy, convinced him to fill in haul logs for us today on the pacific. I had Richard out the other day for the same.. I try to keep the older retired crowd from being bored once and awhile..lol. The shop and propertys are all still in the family, nothing has really changed too much. The mack will go wherever its needed. All of our tractors are standard, which is a pain for my brother to drive. He only has the one leg, so with the auto gravel truck as well as the tractor, he can move anything around as well.

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
Pacific86,thanks fore taking time to bring me up to speed on people and places. Hope you do well in this haywire industry

JPV

First of all thanks for posting these pics, this is my favorite thread on the Internet, second are the steer tires really off the ground in the 3rd pic of 243? Been around a lot of log hauling and road building , never seen that before!

Last edited:

HDX

Post 244 under the dump machine was taken at Sarita Dump -- Dump machine was L04 with the live "A" frame

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
The front steering wheels are off the ground . Whats causing that to happen ? Probably a couple of things , could be the transition from level to steep hill , could be somebody forgot to release the compensator link on trailer hitch or a low sagging log sitting on trailer rider bars on tail frame on truck , preventing the tail frame from pivoting up as truck breaks over hill . Had the opposite happen one time , tandem truck pulling a triaxle " wagon " as I pulled up an adverse grade , I broke over the top , the rider bars on tail frame of truck lifted the load up off truck bunk and load slid back on to rider bars . Fortunately I wasn't far from loading sight , loader had to walk up and reload the load .

64Pacific

These trucks all went to Richies in the 80's, when things changed at crown nititnat. This was all before my time however, I always wondered what part of the coast they ended up. Digging through grandpas archives, i do have some information. HDX maybe you may know some other info on them???:
#5 was a 1959 HayesHDX ser#9082039 32-80. Originally with a 6-110gm, later converted to a 350 cummins.
#8 1965 P12Pacific ser#T6583 259.I was told this truck went to **** Nimmo at some point, and had a loader installed on it. Apparently its in mission area somewhere now?
#9 1954 HD ser#4021511 20-70. Ended up with a 350 cummins, They kept the original engine, but i cant remember the problem with it? Grandpa never threw anything away...
#11 1956KW 848. ser#63212.
#12 1955KW cd848 ser#64451. (Blk Prince, you probably remember my dad, mike. he drove this quite abit.)
#18 1963 HDX ser#3032413. I believe this one had a v12 gm. From what i was told, it was originally a Bill Neal truck from sooke??

A bit of background on the 65 Pacific:

Originally sold to Power & Eckert Logging Salvage Ltd., of Lake Cowichan, the truck was delivered on February 4th, 1965. It was a model RB-4640-E (The B might be something different, the ink is smudged on the line ticket), originally shipped with an NTC-350, it had an 8041-A main transmission and an 8341-D Auxiliary. I have the line tickets here and will scan them hopefully this weekend...

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Braden T. (Swan Neva) First 2 pictures removing sand bars in Sutton Creek while creek bed dry in Summer Months IHC #27 , Hayes #22 . 3rd picture Removing gravel from Robertson River .scan694.jpgscan695.jpgscan696.jpg