• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mitsubishi mm30sr

4x6HeavyMetal

Do you have a hard copy or PDF files of the Diagnostic Manual for the Electronic System? Please send if you have PDF. Thank You so much...jeff@4x6ventures.com

loftyofaust

Regarding the electrical lockup of the swing and digging controls: I have found that by pressing the reset button while the machine is running will erase the error code and present instead all flashing eights on the readout. Once you see the all flashing eights then the machine will operate yet without the aid of the rotate, elevation and boom angle readouts. The reset button is located next to the ISO/ANSI switch and fuse panel under the operator seat.

Thanks edmm40sr For your reply unfortuneatly this process did nothing towards fixing my problem...This machine begins flashing as soon as it is turned on ...I have cleaned and tightened all connections to the brain...The brain reads a steady 08 with the left console isolating switch engaged ..There are no lights at all on the depth boom angle read out ..The only connections i havent completely examined are
on the hydraulic bank..I was hoping that a forum member wold be able to give me a
definition of the 08 reading so having a better idea as to where the fault is ..I have also tried to get cat 305sr which is a badged 55sr machine ..without much success
Thanks for your suggestion But i appear to have a more complex fault..
Lofty ..E-mail loftncher@tadaust.org.au

loftyofaust

Hi td6 man I am desperate for a copy of the diagnostic manual for the mm55sr-2 ..My cpu has a steady reading of 08 with the left console engaged .. I cant get any help or support in australia.. I have had a couple of issues in the past with connections but ihave had no luck fixing this one...Any assistance will be greatly appreciated email loftncher@tadaust.org.au
Thankyou Loftyofaust

treviftn

Hi
What a great place to get info from and to hear that your not alone with the problems we have with our excavators. My experience may help someone. I have a mm30cr also, about a 1998 model, when I bought the machine the controls didn't work and the CPU light was flashing. I pulled the controls apart and cleaned them (they are Kawasaki controls) I found a problem with them. As the controls wear and get slopy the micro switchers need to be adjusted when the controls are at their resting position. You need to make sure that the micro switchers are in the off position, you can hear them click on and off.
Making sure that the micro switchers are adjusted correctly the CPU light stopped flashing and the machine started working which was great until a couple of months later the machine has stopped again with some other problem. Once again the CPU light is flashing with codes coming up on the computer '' AO - 53 -66 " I see on the forum that manuals for this machine are about, please if you have the pdf manuals I would really appreciate it if you could e-mail me a copy. trevorey@tpg.com.au
Hope to hear from someone soon, Cheers

ryanfoster

mm40sr

Hi all,
I am new to this forum, yet I am having similar problems with my machine. error code of P32 and controls locked out, unless I push red reset button under seat. controls will work in reset mode, but lcd flashes 8888 and annoying beeping persists. I desparately need some info on how to diagnose and fix my problem. Also, even when operating correctly, could never figure out how to change control function. Right now even pushing red reset button, it has reconfigured my controls to an unfamiliar setting that is almost impossible for me to operate. would also love to pay someone for a copy of operators or diagnostic manual. PLEASE HELP!! thanks.

farmerboy

Roberts Creek, Sunshine Coast, British Columbia, C
Occupation
To learn something new every day
reefermike was nice enough to send me the manual in PDF from. It is in Japanese and is useful mainly for the exploded diagrams. Part numbers do not work through to anything I can figure out yet. I will pass on but they contain no electrical or diagnostic. I had a problem with the machine not answering the controls and only able to operate blade up/down and tracks power. It all came back to normal when I moved the valve in the boom from thumb control to sideswing and back to thumb with a twrench. Beeping on computer stopped and all is well. Have to adjust it back and forth on occasion as boom becomes sloppy and is half in sideswing. All the best from farmerboy.

dml7953

Occupation
IT Architect
I could make some copies of the manuals. They were pretty expensive and I would not mind sharing the cost. How would I reach you? Was it hard to convert to manual linkage and joysticks? I'd like to see pics of that fix. Most of the time the problem is just oxidized connections. In my case it was just the secondary ground connection going to the brain. You need to check the fuses and clean them, bat connections and all grounds for corrosion. It only takes a little rust, oxidation, corrosion to stop controls from working. The plugs (male and female) on the brain need to be carefully cleaned and tightened. Also the control switch under the seat sometimes gets oxidized or goes bad. How can I reach you? Thanks, TD6man (Dennis)

Hi -- Are you still able to make copies of the Mitsubishi Manuals. I would be happy to pay you for your trouble (and some additional to help with your original costs) - If you are able to help, please send me the details at dml7953@yahoo.com. Many Thanks Doug

dml7953

Occupation
IT Architect
Hi Farmerboy

I know that this is an old thread but if you still have access to that Mistsubishi MM manual I would be grateful for a copy and willing to pay any costs - If still available please email to dml7953@yahoo.com

Thanks

Doug
reefermike was nice enough to send me the manual in PDF from. It is in Japanese and is useful mainly for the exploded diagrams. Part numbers do not work through to anything I can figure out yet. I will pass on but they contain no electrical or diagnostic. I had a problem with the machine not answering the controls and only able to operate blade up/down and tracks power. It all came back to normal when I moved the valve in the boom from thumb control to sideswing and back to thumb with a twrench. Beeping on computer stopped and all is well. Have to adjust it back and forth on occasion as boom becomes sloppy and is half in sideswing. All the best from farmerboy.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Hi Guys
I have the manual in my other laptop on the Mitsubishi mm30sr that reefermike and farmerboy posted.I will try to upload it tonight when I get home for all of you .I will post the link here.

dml7953

Occupation
IT Architect
Tool King - You are an Officer, a Gentleman and a Scholar. Let me know if I owe you anything.
Many Thanks

Doug

Mike-S

Occupation
Construction
MM40SR Manual

Hi, one and all. I've just found this forum & have similar problems to others with the Mitsubishi excavator. I have an electronics friend helping me with the problem. We are desperate for a manual in relation to the electronics of the MM40SR or similar. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. We are happy to pay for costs incurred.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Last edited:

Mike-S

Occupation
Construction
Thanks tool king. Looks like I've got to brush up on my Japanese. From a quick look it doesn't have much in relation to electronics?? Maybe I need to source info on the joystick and computer board manufacturers ??

dml7953

Occupation
IT Architect
Thanks Ed (Tool King) and Farmerboy for Manual

Hey Guys thanks very much for this download. It is not the MM30, and it is in Japanese and not the Service manual or the diagnostic codes, but it is WAY MORE THAN I HAD YESTERDAY !!!

So a Very BIG thank You :):)

Now if we could just hear from TD6Man (Who has all of those translated into English !!!!!) We would be off to the races.

TD6MAN ..if you are still out there send me an email, and I will be HAPPY to help pay for those manuals (and you would make about another 20 people happy on this thread.

dml7953@yahoo.com

Many Thanks to all for your help, every drop helps fill the reservoir.