• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

Delmer

What's wrong with water? Take a garden hose to everything. It won't hurt anything that glass cleaner, mouse urine or a steam cleaner won't hurt. Really helps keep down the dust too, if you soak with a soft spray first.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
What's wrong with water? Take a garden hose to everything. It won't hurt anything that glass cleaner, mouse urine or a steam cleaner won't hurt. Really helps keep down the dust too, if you soak with a soft spray first.
Water just seemed to make the smell worse.

rwoody

Occupation
Heavy Repair/Sales/Military Surplus
found A 74 PETE with 12v71 yeserday with 10 spd 410 gears and a wrecker bed 300" wheelbase wow its for sale

south texas

will try and get some pictures up

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
found A 74 PETE with 12v71 yeserday with 10 spd 410 gears and a wrecker bed 300" wheelbase wow its for sale

south texas

I will be looking forward to them. Try to get a therapeutic engine pic with the hood open if you can.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Oh how you know me. If nothing else it appears that I'm resisting.....for all I know the mrs has created a profile and is checking up on me.....

How much trouble can I really get in here..... :cool:

alskdjfhg

Oh lord. I didn't need to hear that.....

If you ever do come down the south Texas way, I may be able to help hook you up with a bunch of Detroit parts and engines. With the oilfield, the Richie bros auction always has a bunch, so far they have about 10 listed. Thinking about getting a few to mess around with myself. As if I didn't have enough to do.......

Heck, if your ever in this neck of the woods and I got the machine shop up and running I could give you some pointers about making chips. Get you hooked on machine tools will make old trucks start to look cheap......

Last edited:

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
If you ever do come down the south Texas way, I may be able to help hook you up with a bunch of Detroit parts and engines. With the oilfield, the Richie bros auction always has a bunch, so far they have about 10 listed. Thinking about getting a few to mess around with myself. As if I didn't have enough to do.......

Heck, if your ever in this neck of the woods and I got the machine shop up and running I could give you some pointers about making chips. Get you hooked on machine tools will make old trucks start to look cheap......

I used to be down that way quite often. Not so much anymore for work but my middle daughter plays competitive soccer and goes to a couple tournaments a year down there. It's not a bad drive for the heck of it anyway. I was in the DFW area week before last. Or as I like to call it, disfunction junction!

I have a good friend in Daingerfield I'm well overdue to visit with so I might make a trip out of it.

alskdjfhg

I have a good friend in Daingerfield I'm well overdue to visit with so I might make a trip out of it.

Cool, just give me a shout if your down this way. Hopefully I'll have things a little more presentable then, farm is a huge mess right now. Got sick machines all over the place.....

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder

south texas

I want to see some pics too! Drove a '75 with a 12V71 for a bit in the mid 80's with a 10x4... good puller. Drove a '67 cabover Pete with a 12 too. Way too loud. But they would pull good.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
I want to see some pics too! Drove a '75 with a 12V71 for a bit in the mid 80's with a 10x4... good puller. Drove a '67 cabover Pete with a 12 too. Way too loud. But they would pull good.

Loud? WHAT DID YOU SAY? SPEAK UP.o_Oo_Oo_O

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Sounds like that COE Pete I found a couple weeks ago. Saw it in person before I happened to see it online. Based on the condition I saw I wouldn't have paid much more than $7500 for it. Online they were asking 10x that for it, claiming it just had a bumper to bumper restoration and all the pics were from when it rolled out the shop (probably about 15 years ago by the looks of it). If its still there next week when I drive past I'll offer him $1500 for it lol.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic

Truck Shop

Sounds like that COE Pete I found a couple weeks ago. Saw it in person before I happened to see it online. Based on the condition I saw I wouldn't have paid much more than $7500 for it. Online they were asking 10x that for it, claiming it just had a bumper to bumper restoration and all the pics were from when it rolled out the shop (probably about 15 years ago by the looks of it). If its still there next week when I drive past I'll offer him $1500 for it lol.

Another issue is people buying old anything is that it's obsolete, This crap about {well that's what there going for] is just that crap. That 1976 K100 I posted is obsolete from
the front bumper to the tail lights. KW has discontinued most of the trim and dash parts for those trucks and aftermarket prices are crazy. It's not a truck you would run
every day working it. 8V92-obsolete, RTO12513-obsolete, SQHD's-obsolete, torsion bar suspension-obsolete. C.O.E.-obsolete. The max I will offer for it $950.00 bucks-----
I just can't go $1,000- truthfully most old trucks are only worth what the tires are worth that are on it. That old girl is nothing more than a hobby.

A friend of mine said this about muscle cars, hot rods, motorcycles and ski boats,---show me a stove and a frying pan big enough to fricassee that gas burner and I will eat my hat.
To him if you couldn't eat it it wasn't worth having when times get tough.

Truck Shop

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Another issue is people buying old anything is that it's obsolete, This crap about {well that's what there going for] is just that crap. That 1976 K100 I posted is obsolete from
the front bumper to the tail lights. KW has discontinued most of the trim and dash parts for those trucks and aftermarket prices are crazy. It's not a truck you would run
every day working it. 8V92-obsolete, RTO12513-obsolete, SQHD's-obsolete, torsion bar suspension-obsolete. C.O.E.-obsolete. The max I will offer for it $950.00 bucks-----
I just can't go $1,000- truthfully most old trucks are only worth what the tires are worth that are on it. That old girl is nothing more than a hobby.

A friend of mine said this about muscle cars, hot rods, motorcycles and ski boats,---show me a stove and a frying pan big enough to fricassee that gas burner and I will eat my hat.
To him if you couldn't eat it it wasn't worth having when times get tough.

Truck Shop

True enough. The W900A I'm doing up I've had to do a fair amount of fabricating because a lot of stuff just isn't available. Only reason I bought it was because the price was right. I've seen other A models on Kijiji for many thousands more than mine in the same condition but with new rubber.