• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

Truck Shop

This is off subject from the thread but the themes from western movies are great to listen to. I have these on a flash drive for traveling, I'm just very tired of radio stations and the music they play.

Truck Shop

Truck Shop

In those years that was about all there was for a sleeper. I believe that's a H71ST model. A guy here in town recently sold a 1955 W71ST it went to Penn.
Nice old trucks C.O. thanks for posting.

Truck Shop

Truck Shop

Went for a drive late morning to look at this K100 110" sleeper. Looks like it has a 8V92 with KW torsion bar suspension, cab and glass look to be in fine shape.

Truck Shop

001.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 002.JPG

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals

Truck Shop

No I'm still dealing on it and I have to look at it up close and see for sure what 92 is in it. He says make an offer, and I'm not going to give much for it.
The whole truck is obsolete there for It's worth damn little. The inside is a mouse house-ripe as hell. Yummy

Truck Shop

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
No I'm still dealing on it and I have to look at it up close and see for sure what 92 is in it. He says make an offer, and I'm not going to give much for it.
The whole truck is obsolete there for It's worth damn little. The inside is a mouse house-ripe as hell. Yummy

Truck Shop
I have discovered that the "Sprayway " glass cleaner will help neutralize mouse odor, mist every thing down a few times and it really helps. Doesn't totally eliminate the smell, but it gets you in the cab.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
I have discovered that the "Sprayway " glass cleaner will help neutralize mouse odor, mist every thing down a few times and it really helps. Doesn't totally eliminate the smell, but it gets you in the cab.

Or you could gut the entire cab down to a shell and steam clean it......

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Naw that's too much work. One pine tree and it's fresh as a daisy. Maybe a dryer sheet for good measure :)

Truck Shop

It's one of the reasons the truck isn't worth much. All of the interior removed and dash will have to be opened up and completely cleaned. And It's or could be
very hazardous. I have done this before and you want to take all precautions because of Hantavirus that field mice might carry. I have friend who's uncle died
from it. He cleaned a large nest out of a combine, his lungs filled with fluid and two days later he was dead. NO joke.

Truck Shop

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
It's one of the reasons the truck isn't worth much. All of the interior removed and dash will have to be opened up and completely cleaned. And It's or could be
very hazardous. I have done this before and you want to take all precautions because of Hantavirus that field mice might carry. I have friend who's uncle died
from it. He cleaned a large nest out of a combine, his lungs filled with fluid and two days later he was dead. NO joke.

Truck Shop

Mice. Gross little buggers. I found a nest of them under the glove box of my W900 while I was pulling the wiring out of the dash. Decided to gut everything and start over after steam cleaning every inch inside lol.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
Not fun lol.
Yeah, 3 John Deere tractors that had to had the interiors completely stripped to steel and remove all the access plates to wash out the mouse **** . They had sat in a machine shed for 15 years before an estate sale. Then there was the Freightliner cabover that I stripped with a number 2 square point shovel. It was really bad. In both cases the end result was good. But the glass cleaner helped the process to keep you from gagging.