• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

lets talk looks

JaredV

Always liked the looks of most of the friction and cable cranes and shovels of the '40s on up. Link-Belt, Bucyrus Erie, Northwest with the orange sides and black rounded roof. Unit, very trim and compact looking. Almost any dozer/crawler that has a hood wider in the front than the back just says power. Some of the old 2wd Dynahoes looked like muscle.

Tyler d4c

Any thing that
1 makes money
2 has good parts and support available
3 has a warm or cooled cab that's quiet.
4 that I'm getting payed to repair.
Looks good to me

Welder Dave

I like the styling of older Cat machines from the late 60's and 70's. More rounded profiles and more compact. The kind of rails along the back sides of the 953C and some other Cat machines take away from the overall esthetics.

PeterP9

Occupation
Moving dirt and washing rocks.
Always liked the looks of Forestry Excavators/Loaders/Processors, Particularly Deere, Hitachi and Link Belt. Just something about the shape of the cab and a high walker undercarriage.

Also got to say that the Paint Scheme on a Northwest crane in my eyes is really sharp, Black, Orange and the writing on nameplate in white.

Jimothy

Occupation
Digger
For me it has to be a sunbelt green kubota skidsteer. As soon as you place your ass down in the wet seat you know it’s gonna be a good day! It’s not just the looks it’s the smell too a blend of manure dust and yup dried blood and tears!

But any of the big hydraulic mining excavators covered in filth as they should be :)

Vetech63

R.a2bc628d723d370ed5dc863b0a700b03

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
For me I'd have to say the Allis-Chalmers HD-11 Series B, or Fiat-Allis 11-B tractor with open ROPS. Same tractor under the decals. Why? Because this one is mine and I just kind of like it:

20210702_184347.jpg

20210702_184325.jpg

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Those are some impressive Fab skills, if he had only taken into consideration the need to keep the big beast cool, he would have gotten even farther.

nicky 68a

Those are some impressive Fab skills, if he had only taken into consideration the need to keep the big beast cool, he would have gotten even farther.
I think it fell into a basement with one track.It did appear to be getting hot though.

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
Always thought the Cat 416 and 420’s were the sexiest backhoes made.