• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

lets talk looks

Catsparky1

So we all have machines we just like the look of .
Other than my affinity for cat equipment I always liked the look of dresser equipment .
Ford wheel loaders always looked cool .
80s case backhoes had a cool look .
What equipment do you like just by the look ?

8V71

Wabco scrapers 222G&H 333F&FT 111’s
IH 412B scrapers
HD 16,21,&41 dozers and Fiat FD30

Catsparky1

FD 30s did look sweet
Waco 111s were cool with that center cab .
And yes D series were cool . the new ones are yet to grow on me .
Fait crawler loders looked kinda mean too .

Welder Dave

Last year going to see some old heavy equipment from Henuset Pipelines and a collector of vintage machines. Standout's were the Henuset Polarbear trencher with a 16V-149 Detroit and a pair of Warner & Swasey H1900 103 ton excavators without the sheet metal coverings (much easier to service and replace hoses). One of them had elevated tracks that lifted the cab about 10' high. They were originally used for the Alaska pipeline. There was also a heavy pipe support system that could be installed to lift the machine up another 10' for river crossings. They used 2 8V-71 engines of 308 HP each and had 8 traction motors. Drive sprockets on each end of the track frames with 2 motors per corner and automatic hyd. track tensioning. I think they used D9 undercarriage the same as the 158 ton Polarbear trencher. There was also the 7th of 7 and the only running Raygo Giant grader that also had 2 8V-71's. There's some pics. and video's of them online. A lot of other really interesting old machines as well. I spent over 2 hours looking at all the equipment. There was a 245 Cat excavator on a platform with posts on the 4 corners so it could be lifted up for river crossings as well. An Eimco overshot loader that dumped over the operator behind the machine. Too much stuff to list or even remember. I need to go back there. A member from here who doesn't post often invited me. It was fantastic! The plan is to get all the machines running and have a working museum. Too cool!!!

Last edited:

aighead

I don't know specific machines or brands or any of that but I like the look of any heavy equipment. They aren't organized but I have a habit of taking pictures of almost any I see, but much less so if it's local. When I go on vacation I try to take a picture of piece of equipment I can.

ahart

I always liked the looks of a 5230 Cat shovel, still had 3 of them on the first coal job I was on. Like the looks of a Cat 854G also, 992 loader with a D11 blade fitted in place of the bucket. Had 4 of those between 2 different power houses I frequented.

MG84

I've always liked the looks of the JD 450C/550C dozers with the curved black ROPS. Also if we want to include vocational trucks, I like the '73-90 Chevy C60/65/70 and the '80-94 Ford F600/700/800

Tyler d4c

20221110_141327.jpg
The moment I drag the last piece home for the winter and it's time to just go work the day job.