• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Isuzu Utility Truck

Nac

Occupation
Construction
Well i ordered a new 2007 Isuzu NPR HD with a 11' Service body.
Should have the truck in two weeks so it can go in to get painted black and green. The body should be ready in 4 weeks painted black. I endeded up geting a 11' Knaphide open service body with the insidedof the bed and top of the box with Rhino lining and also there are going to be putting a 18" custom platform on the rear to mount a small crane.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
G,day Nac, we are looking at the 4 wheel drive version for our Tools Truck...a bit like this one: Let us know how it goes.

Attachments

• Isuzu 007.jpg
    Isuzu 007.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,222
  • Isuzu 009.jpg
    Isuzu 009.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,108

Nac

Occupation
Construction
Well not yet not all of it the chassis was delivered to my painter today to get painted and it is going out next week for the body.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Ok, just don't forget the pics...are you getting it written as well?. Did the factory body not suit or are they not available there?.

Nac

Occupation
Construction
No such thing as a factory body for an Isuzu here in the states all the bodys are aftermarket.

synner

Squizzy what is the roof rack over the cab on the Isuzu? Does it hold wheelbarrows or is it more for cab protection when using the crane? just curious

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
synner said:
Squizzy what is the roof rack over the cab on the Isuzu? Does it hold wheelbarrows or is it more for cab protection when using the crane? just curious

That vehicle is fully specced for the mines. The frame is ROPs.

Nac

Occupation
Construction
Sneek Peek

Here is a pic I took today at the paint shop.

Attachments

• Photo_061406_001.1.jpg
    Photo_061406_001.1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 912

Nac

Occupation
Construction
Isuzu Service Truck

Truck just came in will be picking it up on monday here are some pics.

Attachments

• Photo_072806_004.1.jpg
    Photo_072806_004.1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 811
  • Photo_072806_001.1.jpg
    Photo_072806_001.1.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,263

T Red

I like it! Would you let us know the fuel milage and how you like it after you drive it a while? How much does it weigh including the box?

Thanks for the pictures.
T Red

Orchard Ex

Super Moderator
Looks great and I bet it'll work great too. Please send more pics when you get it lettered and the crane mounted too.

-Korey

Nac

Occupation
Construction
So far very good. Will be lettering it this week and have a Hiab crane on order. Will try to set up the boxes today with all my tools and supplies. Will post some more pics soon

Nac

Occupation
Construction
It is a NPR HD 14,500 GVW 5.2 Diesel. It has been very good so far mounted a generator and air compressor on the sides and will be monting a Hiab 013 on the rear bumper in the spirng.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
What HP is the 5.2 and is it enough?

T Red...The model numbers are a little different down here but the 5.2 engine is generally specced at 175 Hp. The truck I drove when test driving had plenty of power and was very smooth in midrange. The think to remember is the Japenese look to get the work down with good gearing for the job.