• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

how many Sirius Satelite subcribers are on here...

9420pullpan

i have had it for a good year now and i wouldn't trade it for anything. when i run a machine with 12v and a radio i defiantely put it in there. Sirius is awesome!

kamerad47

I went for sirius it's great, not for nothing what does xm offer any more they have no more sports, nascar is on sirius i don't get it!! FTE!!

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
My dad has Sirius in his truck. I stole it one day, I started at 5AM pulling out orchard and worked til midnight that night. Thankfully I had some good tunes to keep me going.

My room mate is a certified mobile audio installer, works in the business every day. He claims XM is a little better, but I like Sirius' programming a little more.

Last edited:

Orchard Ex

Super Moderator
I've had Sirius for almost 2 years and love it. I need to get a mirror mount ant. for the Pete to swap back and forth from the pickup.

BTW there was a rumor on the news last night that Sirius and XM are talking about a merger.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
XM here but I'm getting real sick of the commercials.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
I don't have either, just the trusty old AM/FM.:yup I thought the big selling point on those things though was their lack of commercials? I'm a little behind on the radio thing so someone enlighten me on the pros and cons.

9420pullpan

the best about it is obviously that there is no commercials, but it is the variety of music, comedy,entertainment, etc. and also the biggest thing is NO static.

and the initial cost of the reciever is from $50-$150, and the $13 a month it is deducted out of my account and i dont even realize it

it is just great. if you want to try it i believe you can go online and listen to see if you like it... and Sirius in my opinion has more of a variety and keeps growing and is better than XM.
Nascar is coming in Jan.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
I'd get it just for the Nascar. :bouncegri

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
My dad paid $500 and has a lifetime subscription. He doesn't like any bills :bouncegri

jmac

My kids got me sirius for my birthday, great for plowing when you spend so much time in the truck. Howard Stern in funny.

stuvecorp

Just got a new crew truck and went with Sirius. So far it's been cool, wish I would have gotten it sooner to miss all those political commercials. It is nice to have all the different music choices. I did screw up, should have got the portable version so it could be moved to other equipment and trucks.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have XM in my pickup and the wifes car. Out here maintaining a radio station is impossible. XM is surely worth the money.

t3chw00di

Sirius Kicks A**

I've had sirius here for over a year and love it. I just can't handle commercial radio anymore. I've never had XM but everyone I talk to prefers sirius. XM has too many channels without DJ's certain hours, and the music is just randomly picked by a computer meaning you hear a lot of crap that you've never heard before. Within my crew at work we have at least 5 operators with sirius in their machines. I rock to Octane all day. :bouncegri
t3ch