• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

how many Sirius Satelite subcribers are on here...

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
I got Sirius for X-mas and I like it so far I have only listened to Prime Country and the 70s music channel.

I was always a radio listener now I have more choices I was never a big on buying CDs or having a CD player in the truck.

richardbrackin

I've had Sirius for over two years.
When I'm in the truck or working in a tractor I always have it on.
It comes in especially handy during football season.

I tend towards talk radio.
Rivals radio on Sirius 123 is too cool.
Discovery rocks, too. However Discovery programming becomes a little stale.

You have to be careful with the DJs and some comedy channels if you have kids in the car. Since it's a subscription service, the DJs can get away with using language they'd get fired for on terrestrial radio.

I'll never part with my Sirius.

PAcattech

Occupation
CAT field service tech (31yrs)
Love My Sirius I always say that ill have it till the day I die But Im putting it in my will to make sure its burried in my box with me and mount the antenna on my tombstone

okey

XM here but I'm getting real sick of the commercials.

I have XM so I don't know if the following is true for Sirius.....

Music channels are commercial free.

Also, if you want to put a portable XM (like a Roady2 or RoadyXT) in a machine that has only a 24V outlet, plug'er in, it won't hurt a thing! I think the power cord knocks the voltage down to 5 volts anyway.

richardbrackin

I bring my little Sirius Sportster in my tractor and plug 'er in. Works beautifully.

I guess they're all this way, but I listen to Mike and Mike on espn in the mornings. They're on terrestrial and Sirius. If I miss something they said, all I have to do is switch over to Sirius and it will play back in about 25 seconds.

Does XM have that sort of delay?

As far as commercials on Sirius: Talk radio, news, etc. has them. Music technically doesn't have them but you have to listen to those blow-hard DJs and some ads for Sirius programming.

With Sirius, all I know is don't put the Spa channel on if you're driving at night. Lights out. Period.

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
in the great white north we have XM, we got the cheap $70.00 cdn for it at walmart. it is great and no interance. it is hard to believe we travelled with out radio before.
it is the portable one and we loan it out to our buddys that are heading south on a 15 hour drive.

thansk

unimog

I really like my sirius usually listen to 27 hard attack and stern. My favorite show on there though is the wiseguy show on raw dog.

jimmyjack

love it had it the last two years in my dump truck at work,just got to get it for my pick up now:thumbsup :thumbsup

activeorpassive

Occupation
Electrical/Electronics Instructor for Big Yellow (
Sirius here. I have one in my truck, one in my wife's car, and I have bought two units for gifts. Some of the repeating playlists on a few channels drive me insane, but I have been impressed overall.

As for the merger...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17228226/

90plow

Sirius radio for me. It came in both the new dodges and I have the reciever I use at the house and in the machines with 12v adaptors.
-Eric

traxs

Occupation
Machinery Operator
My sirius radio follows me in every machine! Can't live without it! No 12v? put one in! Have one for the home too. All the guys that I work with also have sirius.

surfer-joe

Sirius Satelite subcribers

All one company now, or soon will be if they get over the legal roadblocks. We have Sirius in vehicles and house.

alco

I have Sirius and love it. For the machines at work without a 12V plug, I rigged up a 24V to 12V convertor and take the whole works with me everywhere. This far north, Sirius has better coverage than XM does, that's what made my choice.

Brian

traxs

Occupation
Machinery Operator
I have Sirius and love it. For the machines at work without a 12V plug, I rigged up a 24V to 12V convertor and take the whole works with me everywhere. This far north, Sirius has better coverage than XM does, that's what made my choice.

Brian

Really? I though that XM was like sirius, anywhere in north america. I've been to the NWT and sirius works great! Works at Diavik too!