• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Demolition, clearing and grading

Landclearer

Hope your equipment is out of the low country. Stay safe out there buddy!

Thanks man, going to try, looks like it is going to be a little worse than they were predicting yesterday. I will try to post something after the storm goes through.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Stay safe! They don't really know what this thing is going to do.

Landclearer

Thanks CM. Every night when I go to bed it looks good, next morning it looks not as good. They say it should be over by 5:00 pm sat. As long as we don't get bad storm surge we will be ok.

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
so how did y'all make out down there. I just got a call from from a guy I know said he is going that way with roll offs to clean out some walmart's thats been flooded

Landclearer

Hey Clint, CM we did ok and thank you guys for asking. We had almost 10 inches of rain and from what I have heard about 75 mile an hour winds. We were lucky as the worst of the storm came at low tide so that kept the storm surge down. We have been clearing roads since 9:00 on Sat. It was still windy and raining but the worst had passed. There are a good number of trees down about 40 or so on one road we opened today. Hooefully we will have all the roads open on the island after tomorrow.

Bad part, no power and cold showers. I seriously need some power before my office work gets so far behind I will never see the end:rolleyes:

Thanks again guys!

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Glad to hear the damage wasn't as bad as it was predicted!:drinkup

Landclearer

I going to post some pics of what hurricane Matthew did. We worked for almost 3 days opening up roads then the town asked us to run the tree disposal site for them.

storm1.jpg

storm2.jpg

storm3.jpg

storm4.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Wow. How much infrastructure was damaged other than trees down?

Landclearer

Wow. How much infrastructure was damaged other than trees down?

There were a few places that washed out along the roadway but very little damage to infrastructure. Because of the flooding the pavement on several roads is cracking up do to the saturated rock and subgrade.

JDOFMEMI

Glad to hear you weathered the storm OK.

Will you have to push some regular work back due to clean up work?

90plow

Amazing that there wasn't as much damage as they were predicting. Glad you guys made out ok. What island were you working on. Isle of palm?

Landclearer

Glad to hear you weathered the storm OK.

Will you have to push some regular work back due to clean up work?

Thanks buddy. Yes we have had to push some stuff back but we are still doing regular work. Moved the grinder Sat morning, ground 2 acres and then moved it back to the dump site that afternoon.

Landclearer

Amazing that there wasn't as much damage as they were predicting. Glad you guys made out ok. What island were you working on. Isle of palm?

I am glad we had no more damage than we did. We got lucky and did not have a big storm surge.

We are working on Kiawah Island, just south of Charleston, Isle of Palms is just north. Edisto which is one more island south got hammered. There are places where there is 4 feet of sand on the roads.

Landclearer

Spent the week grinding storm debris. We also did a few other small things but nothing exciting.

The most exciting thing that happened was our new 250, the replacement for our 320D came in this week.

250 and 300 together

250 011.jpg

250 005.jpg

250 006.jpg

Pic of the dump site

250 004.jpg

Someone had fun cutting all the way through this live oak stump!

250 001.jpg

Landclearer

Had a break from mulching and grinding storm debris this week. We had to prep a pool and grade a basement for concrete on a big residential job we cleared a while back.

I think I could sell this to Kubota for an add.

barbados 009.jpg

Tight areas in here, had about 3 inches on either side to get the mini between the columns,

barbados 005.jpg

barbados 003.jpg

barbados 002.jpg

I think the block mason got an F on this one!

barbados 001.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
I see we both had nice, tight high dollar residential jobs in the last couple of weeks.:D

Must've been aggravating working underneath the steel. Now the mason did get an F on that one but who "found" the failing grade.:tong

Landclearer

I see we both had nice, tight high dollar residential jobs in the last couple of weeks.:D

Must've been aggravating working underneath the steel. Now the mason did get an F on that one but who "found" the failing grade.:tong

LOL. Would you believe I just had a feeling it was hollow? Actually we had to take out a course of block that ran across the garage door so the skidsteer could go in and that corner was broken when we took that out.

Landclearer

Well we have been looking for a bigger dozer, we don't need a new machine since we don't need it on a daily basis and renting for a day or two is pain. I was going though Machinery Trader and saw this 6D. Got our Cat dealer to get the inspection report and all looked good. It has a nearly new undercarriage, runs and shifts great. I am looking forward to doing a little pushing with it.

d6 001.jpg

d6 002.jpg

d6 003.jpg

d6 004.jpg