• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Demolition, clearing and grading

Landclearer

Worked on the demo job this week. Got a few pics. It is very tight site and a pain. Trash is heavy on this one also compared to a regular demo.

copper 007.jpg

copper 004.jpg

I think I have most of the copper out now. This is the second load. This one is really packed on there and there is more than the last load. It will be interesting to see what we get on Monday morning.

copper 003.jpg

copper 002.jpg

copper 001.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Just curious what ya'll are paying per ton for C&D and how far do you have to truck it to the landfill?

Another C&D pit re-opened here and it's a low bidding war with the landfills to get haulers across the scales. Some haulers with volume are getting sub $14 a ton at the gate.

Landclearer

Just curious what ya'll are paying per ton for C&D and how far do you have to truck it to the landfill?

Another C&D pit re-opened here and it's a low bidding war with the landfills to get haulers across the scales. Some haulers with volume are getting sub $14 a ton at the gate.

We take our stuff to a transfer station that is about an 90 to 100 mile round trip. That is the closest place for us and it is inside a building on a clean concrete slab so no worries about turning over or flat tires. The down side is we pay $55 per ton? I wish we were paying $14 a ton.

Landclearer

A few pics from this week. On Mon and Tues we dyed mulch so no pics of that. Worked on the demo job and got a total of 6000 pounds of copper and 5 tons of steel.

Did get a little Ironplanet bargain(pics for CM, fellow Ironplanet bargain hunter). Got this for $3300. not bad, runs great and is in good shape.

pump 007.jpg

pump 008.jpg

On Sat I cleared this lot and spread some fill next to a previous job to move the water further away from the finished house when it rains.

pump 005.jpg

pump 004.jpg

pump 001.jpg

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
Congrats on the find. Work looks clean as usual. :usa

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Did get a little Ironplanet bargain(pics for CM, fellow Ironplanet bargain hunter). Got this for $3300. not bad, runs great and is in good shape.

Nice find. One thing about buying Sunbelt equipment is the equipment is ready to run when they send it to auction. One of their mechanics told me that when I was picking up some pressure washers. If there is something that needs to be repaired or replaced they do it before it goes on the block.

My trench roller had two brand new eye balls at $500 a piece installed when I bought it.

6K lbs of copper, nice.:naughty

Landclearer

A trench roller is next in the list. The Sunbelt guy told me that they have to have anything they sell ready to rent before it goes up for sale so i agree the sunbelt stuff is a good way to go.

As for the copper my mathin skills were off, we did three trips 2500, 4200, and 1400 pounds. Never though there would have been that much.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
There is a nice trench roller (239 hrs) coming up next week on IP in Nebraska. I bid minimum on it but it was already bid up over $3K and I wasn't interested if I couldn't steal it.:D

Wow that's a lot of copper off one house, that was a nice little check right there.

Landclearer

There is a nice trench roller (239 hrs) coming up next week on IP in Nebraska. I bid minimum on it but it was already bid up over $3K and I wasn't interested if I couldn't steal it.:D

Wow that's a lot of copper off one house, that was a nice little check right there.

3k for the trench roller still sounds like a good deal but when you factor in trucking to us it is getting up there.

Yeah the copper was a nice little bonus on that job. Never thought it would be that much.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
If I needed one I would go a bit more aggressive. It'll be interesting to see what it sells for.

movindirt

We take our stuff to a transfer station that is about an 90 to 100 mile round trip. That is the closest place for us and it is inside a building on a clean concrete slab so no worries about turning over or flat tires. The down side is we pay $55 per ton? I wish we were paying $14 a ton.

Its the same way for us, the transfer station is the closest spot to go with demo debris, its nice to have a good spot to dump at and not have to worry about nails or getting stuck! We pay almost $70 a ton. Its crazy to think of only having to pay $14 a ton CM

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Its the same way for us, the transfer station is the closest spot to go with demo debris, its nice to have a good spot to dump at and not have to worry about nails or getting stuck! We pay almost $70 a ton. Its crazy to think of only having to pay $14 a ton CM

The $14 a ton is not what I'm paying, that's reserved for some haulers who have the volume. My average cost per ton over the 6 ton cap on a 30 is $20-26 depending on the landfill. Even if I hauled it myself I wouldn't get that good of a rate due to low volume.

Current average rate on a 30 is around $500 with a 6 ton cap. Average demo box will be 9 tons, so I'm in around $560 per 30 yard can. A couple of extra tons on the box doesn't really affect the job cost unless it's a large demo.

All in all if I were paying $70 a ton and that was the going rate for my area it wouldn't make a difference to me, just another line item cost on the bid. The market is what the market is.;)

Landclearer

The way things are going I see $70 a ton in our near future. 5 years ago we were paying $33 per ton. 30 years ago the county landfill charged $6.50 per ton and now we can't even haul into the county dump.

Landclearer

The $14 a ton is not what I'm paying, that's reserved for some haulers who have the volume. My average cost per ton over the 6 ton cap on a 30 is $20-26 depending on the landfill. Even if I hauled it myself I wouldn't get that good of a rate due to low volume.

Current average rate on a 30 is around $500 with a 6 ton cap. Average demo box will be 9 tons, so I'm in around $560 per 30 yard can. A couple of extra tons on the box doesn't really affect the job cost unless it's a large demo.

All in all if I were paying $70 a ton and that was the going rate for my area it wouldn't make a difference to me, just another line item cost on the bid. The market is what the market is.;)

I am not sure how cans work around here. I think they charge a flat rate to pick up plus the tonnage.

When bidding residential jobs we run into guys that dump in a hole somewhere or haul it somewhere and burn it so when we pay $55 ton and do it right it makes it tough. We always list on our bid that the debris is being dumped at a Dhec approved dump.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
The way things are going I see $70 a ton in our near future. 5 years ago we were paying $33 per ton. 30 years ago the county landfill charged $6.50 per ton and now we can't even haul into the county dump.

I am not sure how cans work around here. I think they charge a flat rate to pick up plus the tonnage.

When bidding residential jobs we run into guys that dump in a hole somewhere or haul it somewhere and burn it so when we pay $55 ton and do it right it makes it tough. We always list on our bid that the debris is being dumped at a Dhec approved dump.

The bubba's with a backhoe that dump illegally are tough to compete against but they eventually get caught. Problem is there is another one to take their place.:rolleyes:

In my working radius (100 miles) we have 9 C&D landfills that we can haul to.

Landclearer

The bubba's with a backhoe that dump illegally are tough to compete against but they eventually get caught. Problem is there is another one to take their place.:rolleyes:

In my working radius (100 miles) we have 9 C&D landfills that we can haul to.

You nailed it. I know of two guys that do that stuff now. We work for reputable contractors and do stuff the right way but if you get an individual that gets a price that will save him 10k, you might as well forget that job.

Landclearer

I got a pick of the last job for our 320. We sold it so we could get something bigger. Finished loading the trash on this lot and stripped it as well as tree protection and silt fence.

Finished the demo job this week as well. This was a low pressure job so we worked on it when we had time. We had the skidsteer there with the skeleton bucket for cleanup. Had some good sized footers and a nice set of stairs.

blue heron 009.jpg

blue heron 007.jpg

blue heron 006.jpg

blue heron 005.jpg

blue heron 003.jpg

Landclearer

Nothing to exciting going on this week. My brother took some pics of the mulch dying but did not get them from him.

First couple pics is a fun job. The owners decided they wanted some conduits to be installed for future buildings. Only problem was we had to tunnel under the new sidewalk and dig across the existing asphalt. I wouldn't have been bad if the dirt was not like concrete:mad:

motor 005.jpg

motor 004.jpg

I really wish Cat would come up with a better way to change oil in a C27:D

motor 003.jpg

motor 002.jpg

motor 001.jpg