• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Building new shop need some info

driveshed

hey Cat 320
The way I did my floor was I took out about 24" of soil and work up to 12" with starting with 6" 3/4 crush limestone and then 6" 5/8 stone and compacted it for about a day. My outside of my floating slab is 18" deep, 24 " at the base and then comes up on a 30degree . I installed 6 mil poly and then 2" PINK stryfoam over the whole area right to the outside footing boards. I installed 3/4 rebar every 18" ,making a L style at the footing , this L also come up into the foxblock for the concrete wall. I lay 4" square mesh down tie it to the rebar and the meah is what my heating pipe where fasten to. I round my heat pipes every 6" from the inside wall out 2ft and the 12" from then on . I did the the pad and the walls in the fall of 2014 and it got so wet up here that we had to stop for the winter. I was worry about the pad being out there all winter and we had a very cold winter that yr. But come spring there was not a crack in that pad. So we did the building in the fall of 2015 and we are working on it as we get time and cash. If there is any thing else you what to know shot me a line.
Dave