• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

British Columbia Forest Products Ltd.

HDX

BCFP VET Welcome to the best site on the web No that old 36-71 is down in the Sarita Yard Funny that she should end up there after leaving Gordon River. Some years ago you BCFP crews had TShirts made with an HDX with a load of logs and the BCFP Logo Have you guys thought about redoing those??? OH by the way I seem to recall that the truck was printed backwards!!!!! LOL

M_T_Noggin

Occupation
Retired
Regarding Post #150, i was working in the shop at Renfrew when #224 came brand new. It had been on display at the Truck Loggers. Had chrome pieces on the "VT-350" Cummins, chrome caps on the front hubs, and a chrome exhaust on the fender (probably more that I don't remember), a great looking truck , sad to see it in that picture.

Dave Hadden

Occupation
Retired.
BCFP VET Welcome to the best site on the web No that old 36-71 is down in the Sarita Yard Funny that she should end up there after leaving Gordon River. Some years ago you BCFP crews had TShirts made with an HDX with a load of logs and the BCFP Logo Have you guys thought about redoing those??? OH by the way I seem to recall that the truck was printed backwards!!!!! LOL

I've still got one of those t-shirts somewhere and yes, the truck came out backwards when they printed them, which we all found funny as heck.

Take care.

HDX

Dave Thats great I know the guy that did the truck drawing used there Does anybody know where those T Shirts originated

yblock

Occupation
retired
was a chokerman in camp3,early shift,brathwaits cummins had flames 4ft out of the stack cuming up for a load.will search some old pictures and send(not alowed yet still a aprentic,but love the site(grew up in camp 3 worked in the cat shop camp6 for 3 years

HDX

Welcome aboard yblock This is THE PLACE FOR PICTURES You are right about wait times but sure worth the wait when you see the history being recorded here!!! Everybody contributes what ever they can be it info or pics or both HDX

Born2clearcut

Looks like a busy time at the dump (anyone know what dump this may be ? ). I have added alittle bit of color in this pic ( bored lol ) maybe our truckopedia HDX has some info on truck 202 or any other info on this pic . I make up little cards with info on them and put on back of picture frame.

Attachments

• dumpcolortrucksm.jpg
    dumpcolortrucksm.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 2,017

Dave Hadden

Occupation
Retired.
I never saw Renfrew before they had a dryland sort and never thought to ask anyone how and where they boomed before having one so can't help much.
I must comment though that with the benefit of hindsight and history it isn't hard to see how we had such an adverse effect on fisheries wherever we logged.
That would be either the Gordon or the San Juan river I'd imagine.
Neat peek at some history of logging for sure though.
Thanks.

Take care.

Born2clearcut

Thanks guys . I was thinking it is Port Renfrew just by the stories my grandfather had told me about his life in the woods . My mom also grew up in Harris Creek same basic area . These 2 pictures are of the Port Renfrew Hotel . I bet this building has a few million stories to tell .I havn't been there in 25 or 30 years . Is it still standing today ?

Attachments

• renfrew hotel (1)sm.jpg
    renfrew hotel (1)sm.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 1,885
  • renfrew hotelsm.jpg
    renfrew hotelsm.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 2,062

Dave Hadden

Occupation
Retired.
Still there as at a couple years ago.
I'll be down that way next month when the surf gets good again to watch the surfers and talk story with old friends.
I'll check it out.

Take care.

jackd

Occupation
Airline Mechanic
As She Is Today.

I had breakfast at the new pub in late July - building is similar but hasn't got the same feel as the old one which burnt down several years ago. Looks the same from the outside but all modern on the inside. Beautiful view of the water though.

Attachments

• IMG_0194a.JPG
    IMG_0194a.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 1,824

B Dingee

I was kid back at this (1961) time in Renfrew but I reconize the Renfrew dump before the sort. My dad drove 190 back in those days and 202 in the picture was Tony Webber. I later went to work for B.C.F.P in the woods and on the sort. I started contracting for them shortly after where I spent 30 years, finishing with Timber West.

BCFP VET

Occupation
old school logger,jack of all trades.
actually, there are hayes bcfp logging trucks being parked at gordon river camp area, with a office and some other dwellings, plus who ever is stillrunning these older trucks have some that are being parked at the old port renfrew dryland sort area, with some old bcfp crummy trucks, iv'e seen loggers driving them and going back and forth, I wonder if anyone would have a pics of the old carley logging outfit that was just past sooke, i remember wesley carley owned it from the 50's to 80's when his helicopter crashed in thetis lake killing his son and him, his shops are where home depot is in langford, carley logging was a huge logging contractor for bcfp and mb, and cip logging in sooke, wouldanyone have any pics of carley logging or merill ring logging in sooke maybe pat carson as well, thank you

BCFP VET

Occupation
we never had bcfp shirts ever, bcfp was cheap, the only thing we ever received was a cheap aluminum hard hat with a sticker of bcfp and a bcfp green jacket with the logo on the back and front and our name on the arms, oh we also received a xmas turkey every year , other than that i sold my shares out in 1989 to fcc, because bcfp predicted the future for logging would be nasty, thus they sold out, butb bcfp sold for 3 times what they were worth, i made half a million in my shares, thanks i have lots of bcfp gear for saleon ebay,

BCFP VET

Occupation
I was kid back at this (1961) time in Renfrew but I reconize the Renfrew dump before the sort. My dad drove 190 back in those days and 202 in the picture was Tony Webber. I later went to work for B.C.F.P in the woods and on the sort. I started contracting for them shortly after where I spent 30 years, finishing with Timber West.

timberwaste, there gone now they soldout, there changing there name now

BCFP VET

Occupation
it appears this was at franklin camp,before camp was razed, and re-planted, ??

it was gordon river camp that they were parked, with a office and dwellings, plus theres bcfp and cz logging trucks parked at renfrew dryland sort area, plus bcfp and cz crummy trucks, nice sight, ive seen the crews working, i thought i wasseeing things but wasn't, in sooke ive also seen cip logging trucks and malloch mosley logging trucks with logs loaded driving into victoria,would anyone have any pics of carley loggingsopertaions, it was owned by wesley and his son who died in there private helicopter in the early 90's in thetis lake, that was a mess, there shops were located where the home depot today, any pics anyone maybe merill ring logging in sooke??