• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

British Columbia Forest Products Ltd.

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Here some more pics of old #211 from 1955 re. HDX post #3. HDX; Is this the original cab? If so it must be one of the first HDX without the clipper doors. What is the little round cylinder for in front of right door?

Attachments

• Hayes HDX Ow. IT ex TW #CSP26 ex.ex. BCFP #36-65  - Courtenay - 0721-2007-3s.jpg
    Hayes HDX Ow. IT ex TW #CSP26 ex.ex. BCFP #36-65 - Courtenay - 0721-2007-3s.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 1,560
  • Hayes HDX Ow. IT ex TW #CSP26 ex.ex. BCFP #36-65  - Courtenay - 0721-2007-5s.jpg
    Hayes HDX Ow. IT ex TW #CSP26 ex.ex. BCFP #36-65 - Courtenay - 0721-2007-5s.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,550
  • Hayes HDX Ow. IT ex TW #CSP26 ex.ex. BCFP #36-65  - Courtenay - 0721-2007-7s.jpg
    Hayes HDX Ow. IT ex TW #CSP26 ex.ex. BCFP #36-65 - Courtenay - 0721-2007-7s.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 1,554

skadill

Attachments

• Image-28 (Medium).jpg
    Image-28 (Medium).jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 1,547
  • Image-33 (Medium).jpg
    Image-33 (Medium).jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 1,560
  • Image-30 (Medium).jpg
    Image-30 (Medium).jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 1,537
  • Image-34 (Medium).jpg
    Image-34 (Medium).jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 1,577

HDX

Hayesno1 There was only 9 HDXs built with the Clipper Door cab Do not know why Hayes went to this style cab for these trucks when they already had a cab that was offset since 1952 and it was a tried and tested good cab HOWEVER I have a picture with Hayes building the First HDX (Butler Bros-later Bill Neil bought it from them) and it was a totally different cab again-one piece windshield etc from the other two and yet the picture clearly shows all three cabs sitting on the factory. floor Jim and I have been talking about cloning the first HDX only because we can. We figure we have everything we would need to do it OK im drifting here anyway unit 211 and 212 were the first two HDXs with the newer style cab that would become the one we know today The round tank in front of the R/H door is the power steering tank You probably noticed that this truck also sports the butterfly windows in the doors. We wont go there right now but I will ask around and see if she was in an accident at one time or how she came to have those doors

HDX

Skadill Really good post This HDX has popped up a few times around the site Last time we saw her she has the Friel Lake sign on the R/H door out at the Sproat Lake Shop Her S/N is 4016 was bought new by Roy Saunders as unit #K44 for the Eurocan Haul she was then sold a time or two and then she showed up here in the Alberni Valley I think she is going back to work yet again around here somewhere Just hearsay right now Scope out the Hayes thread around page 43-44 somewhere around there

hoglogg

i worked for a contractor called wj green at widow and cottonwood creeks past youbo in the 70s . my older brother worked for m. and b . and millstream at kennedy lake, dad was a blaster for m. and b. also for chum carley and pat carson .... my other brother owns a small logging (gypo) company that i was once in . i still go out and run machines and haul logs when i have time .i am presently wrenching at my shop on the malahat , ( warm and dry he he ) ... take care (bcfp vet ) .....

hoglogg

bcfp hats

001 (Small).JPG a friend that grew up in port renfrew gave me his late fathers hats from bcfp. his dad train logged there and also ran the booming grounds , later in his life he worked at the bcfp boom at victoria .

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
HDX; Thank you for great information. I remember you have showed me a picture of the first HDX with one piece windshield - very different cab compare to the other cabs. Very interesting project Jim and you are having in your thoughts! Here are a few shared pics of a HDX that went to RB auction a few years ago. I don't know what happened to her after she was auctioned - maybe someone knows?

Attachments

• DSC_0237s.jpg
    DSC_0237s.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 1,394
  • DSC_0238s.jpg
    DSC_0238s.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 1,401
  • DSC_0242s.jpg
    DSC_0242s.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,402
  • DSC_0243s.jpg
    DSC_0243s.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 1,403

HDX

That truck was cut up in Campbell River because the rear ends were being installed in a gravel truck Dennis Dystant got the rad and some other parts and I have the cab and some misc parts

HDX

Harry Most of them came with 12V71N GM engines 431HP with 65C injectors Most of the logging companies such as BCFP M&B Crown Z eventually went to the twin turbo vresion and that brought them up to the 500 HP range depending on what else was done

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
HDX; Re post 201 and 204 here a pic of door. It says unit #36-65 so this must be another cab or at least the doors(vent). It says #CSP 26 as well but that is a newer number. It's amazing that this truck from 1955 got BCFP new colour configuration. I think Al S. told me BCFP changed to new colour configuration back in the early 70's, when getting new trucks. This truck must have been painted afterwards just like 207-208 and 209.

Attachments

• Hayes HDX Ow. IT ex TW #CSP26 ex.ex. BCFP #36-65  - Courtenay - 0721-2007-9s.jpg
    Hayes HDX Ow. IT ex TW #CSP26 ex.ex. BCFP #36-65 - Courtenay - 0721-2007-9s.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,632
  • Hayes HDX Ow. IT ex TW #CSP26 ex.ex. BCFP #36-65  - Courtenay - 0721-2007-20s.jpg
    Hayes HDX Ow. IT ex TW #CSP26 ex.ex. BCFP #36-65 - Courtenay - 0721-2007-20s.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 1,704

BCFP VET

Occupation
old school logger,jack of all trades.
i worked for a contractor called wj green at widow and cottonwood creeks past youbo in the 70s . my older brother worked for m. and b . and millstream at kennedy lake, dad was a blaster for m. and b. also for chum carley and pat carson .... my other brother owns a small logging (gypo) company that i was once in . i still go out and run machines and haul logs when i have time .i am presently wrenching at my shop on the malahat , ( warm and dry he he ) ... take care (bcfp vet ) .....

His name wasn't chum carley hoglogg,and yes i know you at your shop on the hat, his name was wesley carley, of carley logging limited of victoria bc,wes, worked along side cragg creek logging limited up there, staverman logging and timber were also good friends with wes and his son, i knew them all very well, as i use to hang out from time too time at there shops on millstream right where millstream art knapps plant land use to be,

Dave Hadden

Occupation
Retired.
His name wasn't chum carley hoglogg,and yes i know you at your shop on the hat, his name was wesley carley, of carley logging limited of victoria bc,wes, worked along side cragg creek logging limited up there, staverman logging and timber were also good friends with wes and his son, i knew them all very well, as i use to hang out from time too time at there shops on millstream right where millstream art knapps plant land use to be,

I've noted you always use the name Wesley when referring to the late Mr. Carley.
Do you have some personal reason for doing that?

I, and I'm sure numerous others, always knew him as Chum.

Did he secretly not like that name or something?

Curious in Campbell River.

Take care

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Here a few pics of a BCFP Hayes truck. I think it is a WHD - 40" wide frame.

Attachments

• BCFP3-140-1s.jpg
    BCFP3-140-1s.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,558
  • BCFP3-140-2s.jpg
    BCFP3-140-2s.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,559
  • BCFP3-140-3s.jpg
    BCFP3-140-3s.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,553

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Shared pics of an old Hayes HDX model with Smith sander box. Unit #38-36. RB auction 2008. Truck has most likely been scraped. HDX will know for sure.

Attachments

• BCFP-38-36s1.jpg
    BCFP-38-36s1.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 1,546
  • BCFP-38-36s2.jpg
    BCFP-38-36s2.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 1,570

HDX

Hayesno1 Yes a classy old girl Was Elk River Timber unit #14 powered by GM 6-110 @300HP Old girl was saved by IPL loggong and will be restored However she has been kicked out of nice dry shop because a bunch of "****-Pot" trucks need the room now to fix daily repairs at the Cameron end Not a biggee though When the pic was taken she was under engine repair with 4 siezed injectors All fixed now and runs like a top She will be at the 90th Anniversary for Hayes Trucks here in Alberni in July As usual GOOD POST

BCFP VET

Occupation
Mr,Wesley carley his birth name

I've noted you always use the name Wesley when referring to the late Mr. Carley.
Do you have some personal reason for doing that?

I, and I'm sure numerous others, always knew him as Chum.

Did he secretly not like that name or something?

Curious in Campbell River.

Take care

Mr. Wesley Carley was his name, everyone knew him by this name, why would he go by any other name, with over a 100 employee's no one of them called him chum, so I'm thinking you have the wrong guy period, same with les longland of cragg creek logging and timber, of sooke, some of you call him lee, not his actually name , thank you and good day all,

BCFP VET

Occupation
Hayesno1 Yes a classy old girl Was Elk River Timber unit #14 powered by GM 6-110 @300HP Old girl was saved by IPL loggong and will be restored However she has been kicked out of nice dry shop because a bunch of "****-Pot" trucks need the room now to fix daily repairs at the Cameron end Not a biggee though When the pic was taken she was under engine repair with 4 siezed injectors All fixed now and runs like a top She will be at the 90th Anniversary for Hayes Trucks here in Alberni in July As usual GOOD POST

I wonder if dale malloch will be there with his 72 kenworth logging truck retored as malloch and mosley logging limited, and hayes old restored hayes logger as well