• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

British Columbia Forest Products Ltd.

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
HDX will know what the BCFP trucks had in them for engine's when they left the factory . When I started working in the woods at Port Renfrew in Feb. 1966 the #203 , #212 , #222 , #223 , #224 , #225 had V8 Cummins in them . in 1969 - 1970 the #222 , #223 , #224 , #225 were repowered with V12 -Detroit Engines .

John Shipp

Occupation
forestry contracting
And was just thinking how good that truck looked crossing the bridge in the first picture... Ouch

camptramp

Occupation
When things go wrong , it happens in a hurry . Horrible feeling when the side of the roads coming up to meet the window , especially on the drivers side . Looks like it could be an 848 Kenworth gravel truck .

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
I would imagine so...It was actually 4 years ago today that I flipped my truck numerous times and landed bad side down in a ditch..I don't have a memory of it tho..I am sure these drivers vividly recall the slow moving time and horrid thoughts as their truck slides off the road into the unknown...I hope to never know the feeling...

Cory's accident photo (2).jpg

camptramp

Occupation
14 ft.wide plus bunks and a water tank are a drivers best friend when things go wrong . One doesn't get near as much gravel rash as your pick up . Glad you got through that one with your "Wits" in tack after a long recovery .