• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

British Columbia Forest Products Ltd.

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Yes ..I would imagine so...For me the rolling was the least of my worries.We hit head on at 60 MPH each when he crossed the center line and the little Durango tried to go under my Ford.It was suggested to me later that my headache rack probably stopped the roof coming in on me..Although the rescue guys cut it off to get me out..I was in bad shape and Heli jetted to the hospital.
I cant imagine sliding off the road with a full load on..There are numerous picures here of crushed cabs and logs piercing the cabs...I would imagine that sometimes its just a slow motion slide off the road and truck and driver are just shaken up..

HDX

Had some time yesterday so finally was able to get 6-245 started. Moved the two trucks to a better position to photograph them. This will be the last chance to get pictures of the two sister trucks together. They've been together since they left the factory in '73 and now an uncertain future awaits old 6-245.IMG_3835.jpg IMG_3837.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
The rubber tire carrier loaders are fairly heavy , with the snorkel hanging out over the front , it tends to lift the back drivers off the ground reducing it's braking power on steep hills . To speed move time on long moves , down steep hills , a loaded logging truck with a small load would be used to snub the loader down hills . And your correct it is much safer .