• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

British Columbia Forest Products Ltd.

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Boulder Bill . BCFP Renfrew Div. I found this picture amongst Bill's pictures . It'sscan166.jpg actually on top of Garbage Cr. taken sometime in Summer of 1969 . The HDX Hayes is the #6-232 when it was a month or so old . The Skagit Steel Tower is a Slackline Tower #663 , Sid "SKidder" Smith running it . The Loader is a Model 6 Northwest #79 Ernie Harrison running it . I remember the setting well , I was the Landingman on the crew . It was a tough setting for the Rigging Crew , so after Ernie had the Truck Loaded out and gone , he would get off the Loader and go for a walk . While he was gone I would unhook the chokers then climb up on the Loader and put the logs on his pile or lay them out to buck .

camptramp

Occupation
Looks like a Caycuse Div. truck #6-230 its an HDX preloader , but its not being used as a preloader as the preload legs are missing off the front bunk . picture was taken late 1980's to 1991 as the BCFP logo is gone and the Fletcher Challenge logo has replaced it .

camptramp

Occupation
BCFP Renfrew Div. I was scanning through some "Folders" looking for a certain picture , when I came across some pictures of my late Brother Inlaw Bruce Wilson that I don't think I've posted before . 1st picture is Bruce in his Youth 2nd Rigging , 2nd picture Bruce running the #27-10 a Madill 009 Highlead Yarder , 3rd & 4th picture is Bruce running a #318 a Washington TL 6 Log Loader .scan23.jpg scan24.jpg scan25.jpg scan26.jpg

Last edited:

camptramp

Occupation
Bruce Wilson , BCFP , Renfrew Div. , #27-23 Madill 009 Yarder , I'm not sure about this incident , but I'm willing to bet the Yarding Engineer was a little excited .scan01.jpg scan02.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Bruce Wilson , BCFP Renfrew Div. I remember Bruce telling me about a log that got away on the load and ended up balanced on the "Pigeon Roof" of the Logging Truck . Shortly after they got things fixed (there was no damage)scan03.jpg , the Woods Foreman arrived , someone on the crew had a Polaroid Camera , had taken a picture . The picture was shown to the Foreman , who got quite a chuckle looking at it , until someone told him it had just happened before he got there . Apparently at that point didn't think it was so funny , turned white and left .

mike green

Renfrew Div. TL6 Washington Trakloader with a Madill grapple yarder on the Brayden M/LView attachment 109130View attachment 109131View attachment 109132
Renfrew Div. Loading large Fir in Lens Cr. #6-232 HDX Hayes preload logging truck shortened up Tom Worth Driver . #79 Northwest Model 6 log loader Daryl Quesnel operator . #797 Skajit steel tower Mike green operatorView attachment 109528View attachment 109529View attachment 109530View attachment 109531

caycusion

not everyday you see a wagner in a septic tank

Attachments

• scan0111.jpg
    scan0111.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 92
  • scan0112.jpg
    scan0112.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 92
  • scan0113.jpg
    scan0113.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 91

camptramp

Occupation
Linda Blatchford (Backland) has loan us her late Father Jim Backlands's Pictures & slides to share . Jim Backland was a 2nd generation BCFP Logger who grew up in the Old Bear Creek Camp , his father Jack was the head Powder Man . Jim work his way up the Grade Department ar Renfrew Division , running Drill Cats , Logging Cats , then Grade Cat . In the mid 1970's he took on a Grade Foreman position in BCFP's Inlet Division"s . The first picture is Jim operating his Cat equiped with a "U" Blade .scan01.jpg scan02.jpg scan03.jpg scan04.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Jim Backland BCFP Renfrew Div. 1st picture Renfrew Div. Superintendent Arnie Bergland . 2nd picture Renfrew Div. Woods Foreman Bob Robertson . 3rd picture Renfrew Div. Woods Foreman Jack Messer with Pete Mortensen scan22 Renfrew Div Superintendent  Arnie Bergland.jpg scan23 Renfrew Woodsforeman Bob Robertson.jpg scan24 Renfrew Div. Woodsforeman Jack Messer & Pete Mortensen.jpg