• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

British Columbia Forest Products Ltd.

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
My guess it is wwII surplus military truck with those square windows. Maybe a White or Brockway 666 model or a Federal but I have been wrong several times before:)

John Shipp

Occupation
forestry contracting
Brian Dickson , BCFP Renfrew Div. The #27-25 Madill Grapple Yarder having a bad day on WFI Hook/Up Road ,View attachment 158288View attachment 158289 Braden Cr. end 1980 or 1981 . 2nd picture has Bill Neil's HDX Hayes and 849 Kenworth in back ground .

Great pictures Camptramp & Brian, thanks.

On this 2nd picture, is that structure for a push truck to lock on too, or is the pin not used when pushing? Thanks, would like to try pushing sometime with some of our own modest hills, not sure what police would say if they saw us...

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Your welcome John . The push bar is attached to the back of carrier for a logging truck or Cat to push on . The pin is to use to attach a Cable to when snubbing the machine down a steep grade . When pushing heavy Logging Equipment or Lowbeds around I was never coupled solidly together , the front bumper's on Off Highway logging trucks are very well built and take a lot of abuse. Plus we were on private roads .

camptramp

Occupation
Brian Dickson , BCFP Renfrew Div . This picture is of the #6-260 a P16 Pacific brand new ( driver Tony Weber ) . Even though it has no numbers visible , it is identical to the #6-263 , I've seen a picture of #6-263 at the Pacific Factory with the numbers on it .scan240.jpg

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Thought it looked familiar......
6-263 at Pacific....No idea who took the pic but that would be me sitting under it attending to some last minute detail..

I see taller stacks on 260,stainless mirrors and a 3rd step on the right side running board...Driver upgrades ??

file160.jpg

Last edited:

camptramp

Occupation
Brian Dickson , BCFP Renfrew Div. , 1st picture , Jim Perreaux working in welding shop at Renfrew shop know as "The Industrial Site" . 2nd picture looks like a unique costume made scan242.jpgscan243.jpggoing away gift for someone retiring .

camptramp

Occupation
Brian Dickson , BCFP Renfrew Div. 1st picture is of a Cat Arch outside Gordon River Shop . 2nd picture is #6-239 an HDX Hayes on its side from a "run away" going down hill into Caycuse DLS . 3rd picture is the Logging Truck Wash at Gordon River Shop . 4th picture is a Log Barge being loaded at one of the isolated BCFP camps .scan244.jpgscan245.jpgscan246.jpgscan247.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Touched base with an old friend and fellow worker Brent Rowland who has a few pictures to share . Brent's father Larry Rowland was the Camp Engineer at Renfrew Div. in the early 1960's . Brent started on the "Rigging" in the early 1960's , was 2nd Rigging on a Slack Line when I worked with him in 1966 - 1967 , spent time on the DLS running a Sorting Shovel , retiring from the Forest Industry as a Faller .The 1st picture is a Heisler Locie that use to operate on the Bear Creek side of the San Juan valley , the 2nd is a wooden Spar Tree .scan002.jpgscan003.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Brent Rowland , BCFP Renfrew Div. 1st picture The Rowland home in Beach Camp during the snowy Winter of 1968-69 . 2nd to 5th pictures are the #797 Skagit Yarder and the #73 a Modle 6 Northwest Log Loader .scan013.jpgscan014.jpgscan015.jpgscan016.jpgscan017.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Brent Rowland , BCFP Renfrew Division . DLS at Port Renfrew . The first two pictures are the Kenworth Log Stacker unloading the #205 HDX Hayes logging truck driven by Fred Call . The third picture is a 988 Cat Stacker . The fourth picture is the #91 a Model 6 Northwest Grade Shovel with a grapple on the "dipper stick" used to sort grade logs operated by Brent Rowland around 1970 . These pieces of equipment were used on the DLS from when it was open in the early 1960's until the early 1970's . When the Kenworth was replace by a Wagoner the 988 Cat by newer 988 Cat's and Northwest by a scan018.jpgscan019.jpgscan020.jpgscan021.jpgHydraulic Log Loader .

camptramp

Occupation
BCFP Beach Camp Port Renfrew B.C. 1st picture , Beach Camp (Note Locie Shop in right back ground) late 1940's or early 1950's . 2nd picture Cove Bridge (Note Marina , I can remember Fish Camps & Gillnet Fish Boats tied up there in mid to late 1950's) 1950 ? 3rd picture Cove Bridge 1970's or 1980's .scan033.jpgscan034.jpgscan035.jpg