• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A BIG Green Thingummy.

Paystar

Occupation
Retired trucking owner/operator
:D:D:D:D Ya, but if you look real close you can see some green paint in the crevises where they missed with the yellow!:drinkup

Wyoming

Occupation
Retired
Contrary to popular belief the Euclid TC-12 was not two C6 crawlers put together. The TC-12 from the onset was designed as a twin engine split frame machine. The first TC-12 prototype started its engineering evaluation in July 1954 with the production model being introduced October 1956.

Below pics is a C6, radiator is in the front. The C6 was powerd by a 671 Jimmy.

crawler_euclid_C6_leftfront_26k.jpgcrawler_euclid_C6_rightfront_26k.jpg

Deas Plant

C6 - radiator in front??????????????

Hi, Wyoming.
You are right about the TC12 not being 2 x C6's 'siamesed'. It WAS designed to be a twin-engined tractor from the ground up, right from day one of the project.

I would how-wevver beg to differ with you about the C6 having the radiator in the front. I could be wrong but I don't think Euclid while it was Euclid ever built a front-radiatored crawler.

Here are some more photos of the jiggers.

Attachments

• Euclid C6 dozer brochure a60__1_MMT.jpg
    Euclid C6 dozer brochure a60__1_MMT.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,569
  • Euclid C6 dozer with log winch_1_FR.jpg
    Euclid C6 dozer with log winch_1_FR.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 1,685
  • Euclid C6 dozer Derwent Dam 1966 B-W_1.jpg
    Euclid C6 dozer Derwent Dam 1966 B-W_1.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,438

Wyoming

Occupation
Retired
I would how-wevver beg to differ with you about the C6 having the radiator in the front. I could be wrong but I don't think Euclid while it was Euclid ever built a front-radiatored crawler.

I was just going from the pics I posed I have never even seen one. Your pics do seem to show vent holes in the back of the tractor, where was the fuel tank? How did the radiator fan work, was it electric or what?

Dominion 410

Green Iron

Sure like the pic's of the green stuff.My dad and uncles had their share of both Euclid and Terex loaders and a very memorable 82-40 dozer.The rad,oil cooler and fuel tank were located in the rear,hydraulic tank front mounted.The fan was shaft driven via the accessorie drive on the rear of the engine.The shaft was supported on pillow-block style bearings,and ran under the floor board to the fan drive.The one they owned had a semi-U rock blade with hydraulic tilt.I remember moving it around in their yard when I was about fifteen years old,sure remember the sound of that 8v71.Big, front heavy old pig,but it sure could work.It was good in a rock fill and could really level a dump site even if there was a couple hundred loads to push.There is a Euclid TC-12 that is being restored about three hours away from here.According to the owner it will be ready next summer-definitely seeing that in action.

Deas Plant

Fan Drive.

Hi, Wyoming.
If it was anythiong like the TC12 on which I understand it was modelled, it had a shaft drive coming back from the engine. The TC12's had two shafts coming back to the fans, one from each 'donk'.

Somewhere, I have some photos showing these shafts. I will attempt to un-bury them and post one or two here - sometime soon.

FatCatGotHot

Equalizer Bar??

Hi folks,

a little question for you: While the TC 12/82-80 had no equalizer bar, but the splitted frame design, how was the situation with the single engine Euclid/Terex crawlers? Did they have oscillating track frames and an equalizer bar like other crawlers?

greeniron

Someguy , the 82-30 had the 6-71 GM , THE 82-40 HAD THE 8-71 however that machine was upgraded to the 82-30B which had the 8V-71T

Someguy

Are you sure ? I don't know if it was an 82-30 or an 82-30B, but it had an 8-71. I don't recall it being a turbo.

I do know someone who knows though... I'll be seeing him at Christmas.

malcolm

kiwi photos

kiwi photos

Attachments

• mills_0029.jpg
    mills_0029.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,878
  • Tony-Mills-(1-of-16).jpg
    Tony-Mills-(1-of-16).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,731
  • mills_0027.jpg
    mills_0027.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,418
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,337

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
The Euclid TC-12 or later on 82-80 when they became Terex. It had 2 Detroit 6-71's and each engine was attached to its own Allison CRT 5530 Torqmatic transmission. The radiators were mounted on the back which when you think about it isn't so bad as they're farther away from dust and dirt. When it was first released it had a combined gross 388 horsepower. And an operating weight of 58,100 pounds, when the final series came out the TC-12-2 it had a combined gross 476 horsepower and an operating weight of 73,000 pounds minus attachments. I've have had the once in a lifetime chance to see one operating about five years ago in Wetaskiwin, Alberta, Canada at the Reynold's Museum when the HCEA put a show on. They had one there I'm assuming restored cause it looked absolutely beautiful with a cushion type dozer blade for push loading scrapers and I got to hear those screaming Jimmy 6-71's. I have some pictures to I posted somewhere.
There is a good book to read about Euclid/Terex by Eric C. Orlemann called Euclid and Terex Earth-Moving Machines. It's quite fascinating to read and even has a part about their experimental machines they almost got into manufacturing track loaders as well did some work for the American military.

http://www.amazon.ca/Euclid-Terex-E...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1273382898&sr=8-1

turbo8781

Occupation
retired
in the 3rd pic that looks like an allis chalmers out in front ither a 16 or a 21 ?