• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A BIG Green Thingummy.

Deas Plant

Hi, Folks.
I suspect that I might be getting a little old and frail in my dotage and that my eyesight may be failing me. I thought I saw a BIG GREEN THINGUMMY on a float in a yard near home yesterday. I took some photos of it which I am posting here in the hope that some of you might be able to convince me that my eyes wuzn't playing tricks on me. Did I REALLY see this jigger and is it what I think it is?

I also thought I heard the man saying that this GREEN thing was going to Rockhampton, Queensland, DownUnder, to a collector who apparently has enough 'ready' to be able to 'spirit' such delectable little gems out of faraway places. Our gain - 'Top-sider's' loss.

I might add that there is a D11R tractor in the workshop behind the GREEN thing which is just 30 hp short of being twice as powerful as the GREEN thing.

Attachments

• TC12 on float_1A1_DP.jpg
    TC12 on float_1A1_DP.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 7,096
  • TC12 on float_1B1_DP.jpg
    TC12 on float_1B1_DP.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 7,508
  • TC12 on float_1_1_DP.jpg
    TC12 on float_1_1_DP.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 6,958
  • TC12 on float_1C1_DP.jpg
    TC12 on float_1C1_DP.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 6,854

alco

I love it, thanks Deas. Now I know I am going to show my ignorance here, but is it a Terex 82-80, or a Euclid TC-12? I don't know what the differences are to tell them apart.

Thanks
Brian

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Now which end of that thing does the blade go on?I forgot!!!LOLOLOLOLRon G

DR RPM

Occupation
Dirt Flinger
I think you are right Brian, looks like a Euc 12. My dad ran one years and years ago, part of why his hearing is gone now.

Lashlander

Looks like a fixer upper. Nice find. I've spent a lot of hours on an 82-50. It required ear plugs and headphones.

Tn Bulldog

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator/ Truck driver
I think you are right Brian, looks like a Euc 12. My dad ran one years and years ago, part of why his hearing is gone now.

never ran a terex or Euclid dozer w/ the screamin jimmy motor BUT Have drove trucks & ran other equipment (trackhoe's , rollers, RT Loaders, etc )

Im 32 & for round 20 plus yrs now since my dad & granddad put me on a machine by my self round8 or 9yrs old ive found myself STRIGHTPIPING 2stroke Detroit motors in my eailer years .

now i find myself having people repeat thierself cause i couldnt understand them if i had to do over again id leave those mufflers alone ;)

but i miss my 85' chevy 3/4 ton p/u w/ 471T Detroit w/ 6" strightpipes i & my buddy built in his dad's shop when we were 16 yrs old i paid $1500.00 for the truck by the time i was 26 someone offered me $8,000.00 for it & i sold it i wish i didnt now wish i had it back . :(

later yall

Bulldog

Last edited:

OneWelder

Very Rare Machine! I have only seen one once and that was stripped for scrap
If thats the the one that was on E-Bay a while ago he probaly paid a lot more for fright than he did for the machine (do not now actual selling price, mid way thru there was little activity-with low price) and must be a very serious collector

alco

I do know that these were designed and built as a single machine from the start. They are not, as some people think, two C6s put together.

Brian

surfer-joe

Euclid C12, early version with the cable control. They actually were little more than two C6 chassis's bolted together. I wonder what that fella is going to do with it?

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
A company named Nelson Construction of Onawa,Ia. had several TC12's.One of them had a 21 ft. dozer on it that they used it on the fill behind the scrapers.Don't know where all them went ,but if you see a white one it just might have been one of theirs.

All there equipment was painted white.The reasoning behind it was that they use to work nightshifts and they could see the equipment better after dark.I was told??

The TC12 was good pushers,but wasn't the best for the mud they didn't have very much clearence and high centered easly.In good dirt they was fast and could counter rotate when turning to pick up scrapers.The 82-50 had a lot more clearence.

The S32 scraper i run,we use to call them great white elphants because of there size and being white.Plus when you got it stuck in the mud thats kind of how you felt:(

9Axle

Occupation
heavy haul driver 9axle
green machine

I hauled 1 of them there green machines from colfax ca.to the port of oakland bound for Australia,maybe same one.ran good loaded nice:cool:

wethead

Occupation
Webmaster / Pool Guy / Dad / Heavy Equipment Buff

bigpete

Occupation
Dozer operator
Thanks for the Web sites ROP,enjoyed them both. Nice to see the 8 ,very smooth. Good to see you giving your daughter a run."Not enough "Shielas "getting a chance to gain experence in our line of work.
Good to see an old C12 again havent seen one since 1966.
Tried to wear one out back then,reccollections are they where to wide,to slow and didnt have enough blade lift(height)&reach for our job which was "Breaking out" new roads in steep rocky virgin country.
Always enjoy your comments cheers.

Mike

Thingy

Looks like a Euclid TC 12 avery rare machine especially in your part of the world I believe there was only four of them in the Australia /New Zeland area .I maybe wrong on this but I know that very few were exported to these parts.