• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

955 Bucket Repair

hetkind

Still waiting, appears to be waiting for everything. Just called and there was no answer so left a message

Seems no one calls anymore, they appear to expect you to call them
Same thing happened with a mower I ordered. Been 1.5 weeks and I called them today. They tell me it just came in today and they are putting it together. Asked if they thought I would get it this week, and the guy says maybe

There are downsides of having a full economy...

AllDodge

Well, just got a call and said the bucket is ready. Will go get it tomorrow and post some pics.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Either they are just swamped or are debating how they are gonna perform the work. Many of the weld shops here are absolutely overwhelmed.

OOPS, just saw is done!! They were most likely just backlogged with work.

AllDodge

They did tell me they were starting to move up the road to a bigger building. Will find out tomorrow if they moved

AllDodge

They were at same place but they were in process of moving

They welded across the entire edge under neath. Add some sping steel in 4 places where the wear spots are. I should have taken pics while it was lifted but forgot until it was lowered back on my trailer. The last pic is where they welded up the other edge which was not cracked through

Photo1444.jpg Photo1445.jpg Photo1446.jpg Photo1443.jpg

AllDodge

These guys were great, and get this it only cost $202.50 or just under 4 hours. I told the guy all they did was worth more then that. He just said this is all the time we had in it, so that's all we charge

Welder Dave

It looks like they welded it with MIG. Stick or flux-core would have been better but if they cleaned everything and burned hot it should be OK. Keep an eye on it.

AllDodge

I was actually thinking they were going to make a wider Vee and then fill. I had another look at it, and it almost looks like the gap is as close as I was able to get it, when it was brought to them. Could have got closer, but I would have had to gouge out some of the metal.

Sure hope it holds

Welder Dave

If there was a gap could explain why it was Mig welded and a lower cost than expected because they didn't try to close the gap any tighter than you already had it. I guess you'll find out if holds. I'd rather wait a little longer than have a shop try to fit it in without fully assessing what all needs to be done. Maybe an extra 1/2 hour or hour they could have got it closer but instead they rushed through it.