• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

955 Bucket Repair

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
The c-e is replaceable cutting edge. If you want to scrape something smooth like asphalt you could take the teeth off and put on the c-eon if the holes line up . This will save wear and tear on the weld on edge . This if you can’t return it.

AllDodge

I don't see me using the edge unless I can use it. I'm a farmer kind of guy and use the loader to clear trees, brush and dig holes, so I need teeth. Starting to look like I need to get a 88 to 90 inch piece of steel and weld it in place, or something else

Bls repair

Occupation
You can look up weld on cutting-edges.Use your measurements and and bolt hole dimensions and see what you can find.

AllDodge

Called CAT and it comes down to I messed up (AGAIN). The bucket is 8K7865 which is a 2.25 smooth edge bucket to pick up loose material. Original edge was 8K-7524 and is no longer made, and also from them looking they found other numbers but no ones appears to make it. The PO must have fabricated the edge and installed teeth.

I can find the teeth group and all parts are available but also are used on many other edges.

Started looking for 88.5 inch weld on edge, but going to need some more measurements to narrow it down. Most edges are shorter then the 88.5

Anyone need 2 - 1U1471 edges? :D
Guess I get something fabbed and install it, but I still want teeth so it can dig

Bls repair

Occupation
If I remember (old timers) I will ask who we use at work .I think it’s bucket supply.

AllDodge

The guys at Equipment Blades just sent me a drawing for part number 5V7437 and looks like what I need, but need to measure to make sure.

Its 88.5 long, 9.646 wide, 1.0 thick and bolt holes are 10.6 apart for 8 teeth

Bls repair

Occupation
What is the distance between the holes of the teeth?

AllDodge

What is the distance between the holes of the teeth?

Need to measure that, its not on the drawing but the piece appears to be the same as used on other buckets. That said the "same as used on others" get me in trouble, I need to measure

AllDodge

Appears (using that word again) that the tooth adapter is 8J2929
Bolts 8J2928
Nut 8J2933

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Cleaner than the scrappers I bought locally. Guy no longer wanted them taking up space. Old Wheeled loader bolt on edges and worked well welded on my repair project.
IMG_1880a.jpg
IMG_1872a.jpg

AllDodge

Cleaner than the scrappers I bought locally. Guy no longer wanted them taking up space. Old Wheeled loader bolt on edges and worked well welded on my repair project.
View attachment 176783
View attachment 176784

You were able to weld the hardened bolt on edge to regular steel? If this could be done I'm good, but think it would be to thick to bolt my teeth (2 bolts) and there is only 1 hole per placement

I did find part number 5V7437 in the Draco catalog, but it list no holes.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Used 7018 rod one root two finish passes, has been good so far just watching as is used. Did not have teeth bolt holes where needed, those are also welded in place again non issue so far. If look, the old cutting edge was welded in on your own bucket by Cat.

Reactions: DB2

AllDodge

Guess this is another option, don't no. Drill/cut 1 inch holes to bolt edge under the original edge, then maybe weld the teeth to the steel edge. I weld but I'm not a welder.

Sent an email to Draco but no response. If I'm going to install a regular steel edge that I get from a steel yard, guess I might as well just buy enough to replace whats bent and not the whole thing. Then just add some reinforcement