• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1997 international 4900

89.ho.ss

Yes I had power at the relays but the grounds were flickering. I had tried shaping relays to see if it made a difference but it didn't. Unless both relays are bad but the grounds at the relays were flickering

mekanik

The IDM relay looks to be grounded through the ECM pin 33.
The diagram does not show where the ground for the ECM power relay is connected.
Probably a body ground somewhere.
It might be an idea to make up a new ground connection for it.
Make sure you ground the correct relay.

Terry

mekanik

When the ECM relay clicks on and off the ECM powers on and off so
the IDM ground supplied by the ECM will go on and off or flicker I suspect.

Try grounding pin 5 on the ECM relay.

Last edited:

89.ho.ss

Pulled the ecm relay one had a solid power and three grounds solid with the key on and the relay pulled

Last edited:

89.ho.ss

Ok first off I was checking the ecm plugs backwards what I thought was pin 41 was actually pin 1 so with that said pin 57 and pin 1 only have 6.68 Volta with the key on. With the key off pin 1 has only 9.3 volts. Battery's have 12.5

89.ho.ss

Ok at pin 1 if I put my test light into it and test for power there is only a couple volts. If I run a jumper wire to the test light from the power. To give pin one full voltage it has no more clicking on the relays and when I tried to turn it over it was actually trying to start