• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

your job

hvy 1ton

umm...

At the ripe old age 18 i have a fence building business and stumbled into the lumber-firewood business. I just wanted a couple of trees for the fence building biz, but I wound up cutting down 25 or so! :bash
I cut hay in the summer on the farm and leased land. I also do work with the JD 450C dozer and JD 260 SSL we have. So that makes me a operator of green and yellow beasts and hobby-logger.
This summer I have work lined up for another farm or an excavating biz. So by May 25 I'll either be a on a tractor or a dozer. Either job will only be for the summer b/c I'm going to school for mechanical engineering in the fall.
So i guess the final answer is the you would expect from an 18 yr old, student of many trades.

To all the tradesmen of this forum,
the apprentice :notworthy to you

havns3

site newbie

hey y'all just joined today.
I work for a bridge builder in missouri i run about all thier equipment but my favorites are below:usa

Attachments

• Big Bertha with pile driver Hardin RT DD.jpg
    Big Bertha with pile driver Hardin RT DD.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 356
  • 65 chilicothe.jpg
    65 chilicothe.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 352

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF! :drinkup

Good pics, we expect to see plenty more. :yup

havns3

i haqve lots more will post maybe this weekend have to scan them most are taken with 35 mm camera. I really need some new technology:)

DPete

Two ??'s on pile driving

1) How do you keep them straight especially when driven at an angle ?

2) On concrete piles what kind of concrete can take that beating? DP

havns3

Two ??'s on pile driving

1) How do you keep them straight especially when driven at an angle ? if you look at the picture the hammer sits on top of the piling directly below the hammer is what we call the bonnet it is attached to the hammer by short cables this is what the hammer actually its. once you place the hammer on top of the piling you can boom up or down or swing the piling will stay in this bonnet as long as you keep just enough weight of the hammer on the bonnet to keep it from moving. if you boom down to angle away from you you keep tension on the hsmmer line if you boom up you have to keep letting off the hammer line. the piling in the pictures are in pre bored holes. thats a piece of cake. angling the piling when all you can do is barely have the tip in the ground is alot harder

2) On concrete piles what kind of concrete can take that beating?i'm not sure on concrete piles i haven't driven in of those we have only driven steel DP

CountyAsphalt

i currently run my own landscaping business and go to to school for construction management. I recently got hired by Tilcon NY to do an internship.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
I'm a HEF junky...I just hang out here Hi-jacking threads and generally making life difficult for those legitimatley seeking information.:rolleyes:

Occaisionally in my spare time I go to work building retaining walls and doing some earthworks O/O. If its difficult...we normally end up doing it.

atgreene

Fulltime Lieutenant with The Portland Fire Dept.

I also own a small excavation business and volunteer as the Deputy Chief of my hometown fire dept.

And for kicks, I'm a sixth generation maple producer on the family farm.