• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Your dozer photos

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
After sitting sixteen years outdoors,I bought this needing a rehab.After new clutches and brakes,paint and now complete bottom and blade rebuild,it's ready to go.It came with the trailer,so it got a rebuild as well?View attachment 131232

Congrat ! Very nice tractor and trailer....Now go get them both dirty...

Outasite

Thanks,the pictures are from last fall.We just finished the new bottom,and blade.Looking forward to getting dirty this spring!Was a U.S. forest service tractor,got 2900 hrs.Thought it was worth saving for sure.

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
Haven't seen that in years. I wonder how many people don't know what this setup is for? Leveling the ground right haha.

I have seen this method used here in the East with heavy weighed large gauge barb wire....mostly for clearing Multiflora rose and other invasive plant life from pasture land.

pf/l

Occupation
Farmer/logger/heavy equipment op.
They cleared a pasture here in the 60tys with 2 cats and chains. Wish I'd been around when they did it. Was way before my time though. Would hate to be the guy on the back chasing the two cats trying to clean up as they progress.

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . pf/l

Would hate to be the guy on the back chasing the two cats trying to clean up as they progress.

I am not sure about what you mean with that quote . . . much of the timber is left for a few seasons to get a body of grass through it and then its burnt in place.

This reduces the amount of material that needs to be handled if the country is eventually raked.

A fair proportion is never raked as it only grazing country capable of running a beast to (say) twenty or thirty acres . . . when the timber is pulled and some pasture is established the stocking rates can often be doubled.

In most cases the country has to be repulled every twenty years or so to control regrowth . . . depending on how good the fire ran and the seasons. This maintenance pulling is going to be a problem in the future with the cost and availability of fuel the way the world is heading.

Cheers.

Last edited:

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
This was my first dozer a deere 550g, forestry package, had a little over 8k hours, not a bad machine but small for the work I was getting.

dozer.jpg

This is my second and current dozer an IH td15c, forestry package, a little older but a lot more dozer. Might be after another little dozer depending on how bids go... have a project needing some trails over 6' and under 8... that leaves the 15 out.

td15c.jpg

Last edited:

.RC.

smore.. The chain lengths with the 9's is 400ft of 3" chain... The steel the links are made out of is 3" in diameter... The other photo is a 16B and on the other end was a 7G, both direct drive machines..

pulling1.jpg pulling2.jpg pulling4.jpg

Last edited:

.RC.

Not far from your location scrub puller ;)

Lets just say after we did some more hurried pulling just before the clearing ban came in... Apparently it created some discussion in the DNR circles about how horrible it was.... Or so we were told later... It could be seen by plane... Not that they could do anything about it, all legal at the time...

It is just a drawbar on the 9G

Have to prepare for the cyclone crossing now...

"acidoil"

>RC that is very cool. I would love to see that in action. I have a old KG i used on a Direct Drive D6c. One day I may get brave and try it on my 10K.
Here are a few. I haven't used the 6 that much I need to open up a look at the left drive the sprocket is a little loose. It's a 10K I had a 74a years ago that I sold. I missed it. So that was a cheep auction buy. Yes I know there is no such thing as a cheep dozer.. dozer1.jpg
The next are my D4C that has been a great machine. My supervisor was there for the day. I had just drained a small pond that was full of snakes so she was told to stay on the truck.
dozer2.jpgdozer3.jpg

pf/l

Occupation
Farmer/logger/heavy equipment op.
They had a guy chasing here when they cleared. Piled and burnt it all within the same year. Borders a forest here so they couldn't let things go to crazy. Get the fire got enough and most anything will burn. The current pasture is probably close to 800 acres. It wasn't all solid bush though. The total project was over a few years I think some spots they salvaged saw logs ahead of time. Project was done about 20 years before I was born so its all been second hand info passed down to me.