• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Worst backhoes

James Sorochan

Occupation
x-water & sewer construction Now farmer.
...... didn't mean to stir that pot....

but there's quite a few FINE folks 'round here for sure.... so... "to the core" ???
T-town. I'm not trying to point fingers at anyone here. I really appreciate everyone's efforts to help and improve in the equipment we all have to do with. To be clear when I say things are going down the tubes it is because of our selfish nature; sin. Call it what you will, the result is the same. If we, and I'm including myself here, looked to the Lord and do His will, things will go well for all of us." The proof is in the pudding". Things are not going well at all when one looks around and pays attention. I'm not trying to change anyones minds here. Not up to me.

emmett518

You can't judge a brand by parts availability now. Grocery stores are struggling to get meat and other items. I don't drink soda or sports drinks but I noticed the aisle was nearly bare. There were a few bottles of Gatorade and some of those stupid "energy" drinks, that was it.

I work for one of the largest auto manufacturers in the world. We can't get parts for anything it seems. Even motor oil is on backorder. Dealers are sending people to Walmart and other retailers just to have enough to keep servicing vehicles.

No wonder why I can’t find oil at Walmart. The dealerships are buying it all up.

Willis Hodgkinson

Part of the supply issue is getting stuff off the boats. The ports are stacked with containers that are waiting to be hauled out to make room for new ones being unloaded.

The issue is not so much that the longshoreman are holding things up but rather there is no place to stack more containers. CA requires truckers to be vaccinated to access the port. From what I read about 35% of truckers are vaccinated. On top of that CA requires the trucks entering meet the latest CARB emissions standards. That is approx. 50% of the truck fleet in the US. Railroad moves containers too but they were already near capacity before this.

The problem is easily solved. Make the stuff here!!!

The next time China releases a biological attack on the world it will not be so pretty.
Do you guys in the US have to pay for your covid vaccinations? We here in the UK get everything for free on the National Health Service and people still moan like hell. We dont manufacture much in the UK anymore, most is imported crap from the far east, our Government have legislated most heavy industry out of business. We have had long lead times for most construction materials, some costs have risen by up to 53% greed most of it.

edgephoto

Health insurance pays for the vaccine for those that want it.

We don't make much here anymore either. Between the EPA and labor unions most business was driven overseas.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Edgephoto, thanks for your reply, just interested in how things are in the US
Gee, I have a great health insurance policy. There has never been any mention of payment. I believe near 100% of this pandemic, at least vaccinations have been paid by the taxpayers. There are countless health professionals hired to give vaccinations at every venue imaginable. I got 1 & 2 at Holiday Inn, the booster was administered in the vacant parking lot of a defunct mall. A corporation sprung up with a bunch of trailers & tents to vaccinate.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
710 Jd is an odd duck. old 610's are similar weight, HP, components to a same era 510 or newer 410 so they couldn't have had that much wrong with them.
I figure 710 is best in Texas where everything is big. You need 1/2 acre to turn it around. I had a 410, later a 410C, both too long for my trailer. Present Case 580 Super N is heavier than both, but 3 feet shorter on a trailer. It is also 25 horsepower more & immensely more hydraulic power. I load the front bucket to stabilize the backhoe, rarely did that with a John Deere.