• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

work pics

Grader4me

Ford LT-9000 said:
Its one of the reasons why I left the company I didn't like the fact that everything was go go go. Trying to eat your lunch while working isn't easy a person needs a break. Actually after I quit a year ago I did gain weight now I'am trying to get enough exercise to get back down to atleast 170 from the 195 I'am at now.

Yeah, in some places the more you do the more that they expect. After I stopped operating full time my weight went up from 165 to 210...dam it's hard to take it back off. Wow am I ever off topic...:Banghead

Nac

Occupation
Construction
Basement Excavation

Here is 80x40 Basement Excavtion Just did 2 weeks ago we hit a bit of rock (550CY)

Attachments

• P5300011.1.JPG
    P5300011.1.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 892
  • P5300005.1.JPG
    P5300005.1.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 892
  • P5300001.1.JPG
    P5300001.1.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 897
  • P5230010.1.JPG
    P5230010.1.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 891

tylermckee

Does that have anything to do with why you were asking what it takes to put a breaker on your 160? :bouncegri

Nac

Occupation
Construction
Did not rmove it yet, and yes that why I asked about the breaker I most likely will be drilling and splitting.

PSDF350

Nac said:
Here is 80x40 Basement Excavtion Just did 2 weeks ago we hit a bit of rock (550CY)
Bit of an understatment. That spot would make a great pond site though with the rock and some type of waterfall. To bad cant move basement elsewhere to add that.

tylermckee

Your 160 looks too nice for a breaker, it would beat the hell out of it. usually machines with breakers are old POS machines. I would eather rent at least a 200 with a breaker or drill and split. If there you run into a lot of this type of stuff you might look into getting an older cheaper machine with with a breaker.

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
Depending on how deep you want to go blasting is the most economical way to go if you need any kind of depth. If all you wanted to do was take the heads (I can't say the slang term) off then a rock breaker would be fine.

Hitting rock like that is just part of excavating here on the West Coast its why 90% of the houses don't have under ground basements. We would just knock off the high points so you could have a crawl space and build the house.

cat320

Charter Member
The only problem with blasting so close to houses is that they will have to use small charges and blanket the hell of the rock.

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
That job is a piece of cake all your going to need to use is half sticks of 75% and pop it in 2-3' lifts so you not thumping the ground too much. The blaster may use Amex or just conventional sticks of dynamite.

Using blasting mats is no big deal we have to use them here even with the nearest house well over 1000' away. The blaster sets all the holes NAC uses his 160 to gently lay the mats over the blast pop the blast take the mats off start digging the rock out get it ready for another blast do it again.

If I was a home owner in the area I would rather put up with a few thuds and the noise of drilling over a hydraulic hammer banging away for hours on end.

One blaster here has a hydraulic drill is runs on a skid steer type chassis it can drill holes fast and its quiet. Its better than the old conventional way with the screaming compressor and drilling holes by hand with a drill.

For me blasting is no big deal dad and I used to blast on our property all the time and when I'am working with excavation contractors we are always involved with doing blasting.

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
I think blasting that out might be your best bet. Using a breaker would take a long while and would beat the hell out of your 160.

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
Working like its my job

I finally get to add something to this post. Today was my second day (at Myers) on rock truck. We're openning up a new phase of a development including a golf course... Here's a few shots from yesterday and earlier today when we were strippin topsoil.

Attachments

• AICat345bLME_VolvoA30D.jpg
    AICat345bLME_VolvoA30D.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 899
  • AICat345bLME_VolvoA30D2.jpg
    AICat345bLME_VolvoA30D2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 890

Electra_Glide

Here's a few projects from the last few weeks. Might be small potatoes for some of you guys, but I'm a one-man band...

Attachments

• IMG_1492.JPG
    IMG_1492.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 850
  • IMG_1506.JPG
    IMG_1506.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 848

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Looks like a kiddy pool in that last pic, but I guess you found that damn water line.:wink2 J/K