1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wieler pavers

Discussion in 'Pavers' started by Vetech63, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

Not a fan so far. Customer bought a P385B Last summer, its been a constant headache. Draft arms for the screed bent in the first month(too light), the augers are made from too thin a metal so they wear quickly(again, too light). Replaced a broken conveyor adjust bolt yesterday for the left conveyor chain drive ( don't sound like much, but its a bitch and a horrible design.) Several electrical issues have downed the machine. It only has 556 hours as of yesterday.
    My area dealer cant seem to get parts very timely and field service is always over 7 days out. The auger roll plates wore holes in them at 300 hours (and yet AGAIN too thin) I just cant wait (sarcasm) to have to repair anything very deep in this thing, you should see how unserviceable a lot of the major components are.........you will have to remove gobs of crap to get to most things.

2. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

624 hours...…….the machine has broken both right and left conveyor adjusting bolts ( the design is **** poor) in the last month.. Broke the right conveyor drive chain today.

3. heymccall

heymccall Senior Member

Sounds like my leeboy 8515t. Broke all that, plus wore out the crawler chains before 1000h.

4. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

905 hours, bearing failure on the right conveyor idler rollers. Im just going to keep a running tab on this machine. I was told last week they were buying another one. :eek: Job security I guess...….