• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Why the Chinese manufacturers will never be on top.

Bluetop Man

Occupation
farmer
While CAT's new excavator factory will be in Texas near Houston, parts can be sourced from anywhere for assembly, so all of a sudden you could see American made junk. That has been a common scenario with farm tractors in recent years.

rare ss

While CAT's new excavator factory will be in Texas near Houston, parts can be sourced from anywhere for assembly, so all of a sudden you could see American made junk. That has been a common scenario with farm tractors in recent years.

the same with our "locally made" cars 70% of the parts are imported soon they will be just locally assembled

Andre Grondin

Everyone does the same, maybe not as obvious like this but rather they buy a competitors machine and tear it down inhouse.
Maybe the chinese can't afford to buy a machine for teardown?
that is where the problem is THEY have the money and alot more than many people think ,
just look at the list of what the Chineese bought !
Merger with Volvo
Merger with Dressta
Merger with Palfinger
and the list goes on and on , alos Sany built a plant into the east-southern USA they will soon flood the market
and all the big honcho company will have to re-act or go down ! don't get me wrong I don't like to see that happen but that is what I can see ina near future . The guys have the money the power and also they are not afraid of public opinion.

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
well Cat has a few factorys in china same as komatsu and the rest of them cat even makes machines in china and hounestly Sany excavators are good Luigong wheel loaders are good CAT in china have there own brand here called SEM runs 90% of cat parts and the sales director an american told me that SEM cant even keep up with Luigong for there wheel loaders.

ih100

well Cat has a few factorys in china same as komatsu and the rest of them cat even makes machines in china and hounestly Sany excavators are good Luigong wheel loaders are good CAT in china have there own brand here called SEM runs 90% of cat parts and the sales director an american told me that SEM cant even keep up with Luigong for there wheel loaders.

LiuGong are the no.1 for wheel loaders in terms of numbers produced. They have bought Dressta so now have access to the old IH/Dresser dozers and pipe layers, and associated track and transmission technology. My prediction is in 10 years they'll be the Chinese Komatsu.

typ4

Occupation
Equipment mechanic for a small company.
I do air cooled vw's and almost all of the chinese parts for them are complete crap. Particularly cranks and rods., tin doesnt fit, nothing is quality.
There are a couple of brands that have full time QC people there and there stuff works ok, so far.

Just makes my garage full of old german parts more valuable, sorry for the hijack.

I hate chinese equipment parts, the detroit diesel parts are really bad.

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
mate what you need to look at is the importer of the parts . its the same as Ram's or anything from china you want cheap parts well then dont expect good qullity. chinese make good parts the thing is there is more bad parts on the market then good and that is beacuse everybody when they talk to the chinese manufactures say we just want cheap. basicly mate you get what you pay for.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
So what you are saying is that the Chinese can't make quality parts for any better price than the domestic manufacturers.

I'll make sure all my customers read this.

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
that is not what i said basicly what iam saying you can get good parts for good prices but if you ask for super cheap then you get crap dont worrie mate keep buying CAT and other over priced parts best of luck to ya :)

summitdent

Occupation
GET
I agree with JGS's comments , the quality of China made products most of time is based on the importer, not Chinese manufactures, once importers go to china, the most important thing they care about is price, then delivery time, quality always in the last place. I work on GET parts in china, I can tell you guys for sure that a part of Chinese manufactures could make very good quality bucket teeth, at least 90% of ESCO or Hensley original parts, IF THEY REALLY WANT TO MAKE IT. but the problem is quality means price, we can't use 50% costs of ESCO to make 90% quality of them, but that is not our clients want, they just want us use 10% costs to make 40% of quality, if we don't do that, they buy from others, there are many competitors in the industry, if we don't do it, there must be someone else would like to do. That causes what you see today, Chinese products are junk, that is unfair, if you think quality today drops, please complain to the politicians and capitalists.

summitdent

Occupation
GET
I agree with JGS's comments , the quality of China made products most of time is based on the importer, not Chinese manufactures, once importers go to china, the most important thing they care about is price, then delivery time, quality always in the last place. I work on GET parts in china, I can tell you guys for sure that a part of Chinese manufactures could make very good quality bucket teeth, at least 90% of ESCO or Hensley original parts, IF THEY REALLY WANT TO MAKE IT. but the problem is quality means price, we can't use 50% costs of ESCO to make 90% quality of them, but that is not our clients want, they just want us use 10% costs to make 40% of quality, if we don't do that, they buy from others, there are many competitors in the industry, if we don't do it, there must be someone else would like to do. That causes what you see today, Chinese products are junk, that is unfair, if you think quality today drops, please complain to the politicians and capitalists.

*we can use 50% costs of ESCO to make 90% quality of them

rare ss

Guess where the last oil seals i bought from CAT in the nice yellow pack were made ?

might have been made there but they would have been made to alot higher standards than any of the run of the mill stuff, but I hear what your saying though, you wanna buy the best and support local but you get that it's abit of a kick in the guts