1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Which type of Koehring?

Discussion in 'Old Iron!' started by Tibor M, Nov 7, 2019 at 8:22 PM.

1. Tibor M

Tibor M New Member

design engineer
    Hello!

These are photos from Slovakia after WWII. Please, which type / model of koehring is in the photos?

Thank You, best regards

Tibor

Attached Files:

Jonas302 likes this.
  2. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    The photos look a lot like my dad's 405 but maybe a little bit bigger. The machine in my avatar is a 405 in about 1959. I don't know when Koehring started using that model number system so that's as close as I can get. I think Hatchequip might have a better handle on it than me.

3. old-iron-habit

old-iron-habit Senior Member

Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
    Looks a bit older than the 405s that I have seen. The buckets seem smaller also but then the 405 might have grown over the years as many other models did. The counterweight is way different than the 405s I am familiar with. They all had removable counterweights that hung out behind the house. 318 Cat powered also.

EDIT A net search found a 1948 205 with a shovel front that looks a lot like the one in the picture. It has the underslung counterweight also. It was on pintrest so I could not link it.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019 at 11:20 PM
  4. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    I think you probably have the right. The boom appears to be a 40 footer and no counterweight would indicate a lot less capacity on the machine in the photos. I couldn't see the controls but suspect they might be long levers instead of the short levers I was familiar with.

5. Tibor M

Tibor M New Member

design engineer
    369 - Koehring.jpg 377 - Koehring.jpg 450 - Koehring.jpg 451 - Koehring.jpg Thank you for your replies!
    I'm adding another photos. There may be two different machines.
    Could it be Koehring 304?
    Thank!

72hayes and Jonas302 like this.