• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Whats wrong with my top roller?

Welder Dave

Mostly clean off everything on top of track frames and around the sprockets and carrier rollers. Having dirt packed in there can increase undercarriage wear. If it's packed around the carrier roller can cause the roller to not turn and you get flat spots on the roller.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
The only way to determine track wear is by careful measurement of pins, bushings, rollers, idlers, sprockets and track chains.
Try and get hold of an older Cat Custom Track Service handbook, that deals with low track undercarriage (not high track), and you will get a lot of useful information from the book.

Voodooburner

Small update, got one carrier roller in, seems ups lost the other. I was away for a few weeks working so no huge deal. Went to install the one I had and yellow jackets had built a nest in the dirt on my track frame…They got me…then I got them harder.

We have many stocks for this items.

Is you are interested , we may able to sell you below our Cost.

To change all undercarriage new can be expansive, can try weld back on some items and change its components. This will save cost.