• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What sort off machine do you operate?

MMSOCAL

Occupation
Excavator Operator 375b,ex1100me, 5130
just maybe

:usa
Yeaah, 5230 just had a new engine put in it, should last the rest of the year.

Maybe our 5130 lasted about 460 hrs on the rebuilt motor, before the next major issue. The 5000 series cat's are a pain in the butt as best. I am a cat man to the bone but good luck with your shovel, ours leaks more oils than its worth. Maybe one day they will have cat shovel that will out last a hitatchi, or o&k./

Eric

Yeah the old girl leaks a bit. Actually had a 4'' hydraulic line go kerplooey on it, cut right through the glass on the right side of the cab. Operator got a good bath in hot oil. This happened a few months ago. We rarley run the 5230, it is our spare to run if the cable shovels go down. It sure is fun to operate though!!:usa

ttomkat510

Occupation
Cherry Hill Construction
i run a cat 330D up here in CT, all types of site work,
Cherry Hill Construction......

redline

Occupation
Plant operator and Tenkate plant hire
hi all, Brett is my name and I thought it was about time to post up and say hi. I live in Queensland, Australia.

ever since I got eyes I have loved the yellow iron and all things BIG, I was driving a 2.5 Ton forklift as soon as I could reach the pedals and then progressed to farm tractors with the first being a TE 20, since then tractors have changed and become much larger and more electronic and I have been blessed with the chance to operate a wide selection doing many different farming and earthwork operations.

I then started on grain harvestors and cotton pickers, from there cane cutting led to an opening driving volvo A25C dumpers, with a short stint in an A30C as well. This company then offered me a job driving a 360Hp artic mega mulcher clearing trees and rubbish from under powerlines, (pics below are me driving)

then I got a start on a Komatsu D150A pushing gravel and offset discing farm land to level the melon holes and clear the brigalow scrub ready for ploughing. This dozer never ran for more than a month pr so before breaking down which meant time in overalls fixing it, final drives, gearbox, engine, we fixed it all!!!

Then I got a start on a D9H blade ploughing (pictured below), what can I say it was an awesome job and I never stopped smiling while on that dozer, the raw power, the never give up feel, really proved what a lemon the D150A was.

since then I have stuck in a factory doing night shift and cant wait to get back in the dirt, I have been trying to get a start in the mines but it aint easy with very little interest to date, oh well I will keep trying and something will come up no doubt.

well enough talk how bout I shuttup and bring on the pics, i hope I dont annoy anyone with too many pics but there all machines and I have driven them all plus many many more.

D150A.png

D9H.png

mega4.png

mega1.png

mega3.png

KP1360.png

BenMcree004.jpg

donna.png

donnaandme.png

gregandme.png

kevin.png

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
i got to run this last night, komatsu pc 300

Attachments

• P1010382 (Custom).JPG
    P1010382 (Custom).JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,922
  • P1010381 (Custom).JPG
    P1010381 (Custom).JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,908

redline

Occupation
Plant operator and Tenkate plant hire
Nice pics, do all the tractors have to have blades on the front?

no they dont all have blades but certain farms and contractors have the blades for clearing fire breaks and protecting the tractor from trees and rubbish. they are very handy on a farm tractor and not as obtrusive as a front end loader on the front :):):)

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
i was going along the hiwall straightening it out and putting the bentonite in a pile so the scrapers could pile it. i only got the privelage of running it cause my scraper is broke, the stuff im piling is green as grass. im not much of a hoe hand but i tried to come across like i knew what i was doing not practicing.

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
Not sure how I missed this thread, but here goes. I myself specialize in mini work, spent a lot of time in skid steers and mini excavators. Done lots and lots of landclearing, I pulled 155 acres of orchard out of the ground in 2006 with just a 120 sized machine. I've probably pulled well over half a million trees out of the ground, burned just as many, fun stuff. I got pretty good at working steep slopes with an excavator, back home there isn't a site that's ever flat and even the tame slopes are becoming few and far between. The main attraction to the town is a large lake, 55 miles long and 1 mile across where town is located. The lake was carved out by a glacier, so the valley is naturally sloped upward from the lake, steeper in places than others. Now that the lower valley is being built out, home sites are gaining altitude and the slopes are getting steeper. I've hung an excavator off a slope more times than I can remember, done some things I probably shouldn't have, but I'm still here to tell some tales and there isn't a job that scares me away. Grab a jockstrap, cinch down on the seatbelt, and put your feet on the glass, let's move some dirt.

Last edited:

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
I give up what was they having you doing????? Just praticing:beatsme:usa
so did i have it parked wrong or something, ive been around track hoes for a long time just never got very many chances to run one,everywhere ive worked for the hoe operator was always the more experienced hands, guys that have been in the dirt for awhile and they never missed work, so i just never got a chance to be in the seat very often.but i love it when i do get the chance,so if i post some more pics of running the hoe,and you see me doin something wrong let me know, ill listen, i might be like this :cool2 but i still listen.

928G Boy

what sort of machine do I operate?

Loaders sized usually from 926 to 950, sometimes 966s, a little time in 980

Excavators usually sized from 320 to 345, sometimes as small as 302.5 to as large as 385.

Track Loaders 963 and 977

pine handled shovels square edged to spade end, always D handled.

GPS and total station surveying equipment

ZAXIS

Occupation
Mgr./Member of Rainwater Construction Company, LLC
I'm curious what you guys do at work. :)

I mainly load trucks. 775E's and 771E's. And som A40D's.

We are moveing gravel from a area who shall become a industry site.
Ca 750000 ton.

Here is my machine :usa
Dear 385c JR, We are an underground utility contractor in N.E. Arkansas and I run a 2004 Hitachi Zaxis 270LC. We lay sewer main, water main, storm drainage pipe, fire lines, process waste lines, etc. We also have a EX200LC-5 and a ZX200LC that we run. Nice machine pics. I got the opportunity to run a PC1000 and a PC750 back in 1996 at a Komatsu Demonstration in Chattanooga, TN. It was an awesome experinece except for the fact that all the machines ran opposite(hydraulic pattern) of what I am used to. Sincerely, ZAXIS

DaHeimer

Hi, been lurking around here for a couple of days and decided to post something,
I just recently started running excavator (november) so I have only run a few machines.
I run a Takeuchi TB175 with a hoepack, a Linkbelt 2200 with hydraulic thumb, a John Deere 590d, and a Komatsu 200pc with hydraulic thumb.

compared to you guys I am just a young 'un.

Morgan

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums DaHeimer! :drinkup