• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What sort off machine do you operate?

BrianHay

I spent a lot of years on Scrapers, Dozers Graders and Hoe's. Now I operate a Kaiser Walking Excavator, also commonly called a Spyder Hoe :D ...I Love it!

sheepfoot

Mosquito control

drott 40b, daewoo 220lc-3, 24' matts, cat d7hser2, hyundia740tm3, newholland tm155(4x4), john deere 5400(4x4), john deere 650 (4x4), dump trucks, trailers, boats, argo's, max's,4x4 service truck crane,welder,air/ 12 4x4pickups, 1 4x4 8"lift big sup swampers.

iron kid

Occupation
owner 12 man team
dose the corp use any thing made in the us or is it a fair market deal? or is it rented

Cat-385BL

Sorry guys, I'm a new comer. But recently I have operated a Cat 315C quick coupler with bucket, thumb, and then a hammer, working for the state of New Hampshire. (I wish I had pictures for everyone.....)

Which I've always wanted to run one, but never thought it happen..... BUT it has, and its great! :D Now I'm getting into the Diecast Model collecting as well!

385c JR

Sorry guys, I'm a new comer. But recently I have operated a Cat 315C quick coupler with bucket, thumb, and then a hammer, working for the state of New Hampshire. (I wish I had pictures for everyone.....)

Which I've always wanted to run one, but never thought it happen..... BUT it has, and its great! :D Now I'm getting into the Diecast Model collecting as well!

Welcome to HEF Cat-385BL.
Do you have som pics to post of the machine you operat. :usa

Cat-385BL

Thanks 385c JR,

As for pictures, No I don't, sorry. (The job that I do for the State of NH isn't road construction actually!) I'm a maintenance mechanic for the state and operate all the machines needed at the time of demo a small building interior to demo outside sub structures for the Liquor stores. So, we rent all the needed machines at the time. So, me as an operator isn't a full time job. It was a one time thing for me, but a niice little "slice" of enjoyment on a machine as such.

Pete1468

I'm a newcomer also,I don't know if I'll fit in here or not but I get the pleasure to run a Gradall 4100XL for the county that I live in. I'm lucky enough to have a stiff back in the evening after I've driven it where it has to go and then back for the evening. It's terribly under powered and has backwards controls.

Maui Gulch

Sorry to jump in this thread but I need some advice on a stuck swing brake on a 1990 E120B. It was working fine and the pump seems to be trying to swing but the brake will not release. Any help
Thanks

Maui Gulch

I'm on a small E120B Cat. Just learning. The swing brake is stuck though and I can't figure out how to fix it or release it. Envious of all the nice clean machines. Mine is a bit ratty. Welded wire mesh for house

roddyo

Occupation
Manipulator of the Planet
Case CX 160

I'm running a Case CX 160 with a Hydraulic Thumb. When I get some stuff moved around I'm going to get another 210 with a 150 inch stick this time.

Eagle Spirit

I will have to get pics to add.

I would by no means call myself an operator, just a guy who is working where there are a few old machines to play with.

Hitachi UH045, old and smokin but works for digging out stumps and moving around some dirt. I have some questions about this machine that I want to ask as soon as I can post my own threads.

John Deere 555, sat for years in the woods but recently we have used it to set a few new manufactured homes. Woorks great in tight spots in an existing park.

Case 580D, nice old low hour machine we use quite a bit.

John Deere 350C, another one of the machines that lived in the woods for a few years till recently being brought out. Needs some work, but looks like it will be a nice litle dozer to play with.

Case 580B, Scrap metal for the most part. Only good thing I think is the engine.

I never had any training, was just told to go do it.

RailKing

Occupation
Railroad
Serco 170-A... grapple and magnet

These are pictures from the old machine I ran. 10,000 hours on her....
Just got a new one in September 08, exactly the same except the 08 has a magnet and hydraulic generator.

Hope my pics work:confused:

Attachments

• tc4.jpg
    tc4.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 1,271
  • tc4 2.jpg
    tc4 2.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 1,275
  • me.jpg
    me.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 1,279

special tool

Serco 170-A... grapple and magnet

These are pictures from the old machine I ran. 10,000 hours on her....
Just got a new one in September 08, exactly the same except the 08 has a magnet and hydraulic generator.

Hope my pics work:confused:

Looks good!

I sure would like a few loads of those ties.......:D

brian falcone

i operate the 315cl at work. the 950f is my winter ride ande the h25b was my personal snowplow at home. it even came with a small operator . DSCF2798.JPG

Last edited: