• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What Asphalt Boots?

andoman

I like the red wing asphalt boots but I have a problem with red wing's no warranty on anything that touches asphalt policy.

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
I like the red wing asphalt boots but I have a problem with red wing's no warranty on anything that touches asphalt policy.

Or Concrete, but I didn't know there where special boots for asphalt, what is so special about them?

The Tackman

Occupation
Paving Foreman in Atlanta
That must just be a store by store policy because I have not found that to be true where I have purchased Red Wings.

andoman

That must just be a store by store policy because I have not found that to be true where I have purchased Red Wings.

Yeah quite some time ago about 5 of us bought them up here in Michigan (from different stores) and the glued soles broke on all of our boots. I paid to have mine stitched on but when they wore out I just bought a pair of wolverines from the feed store.

The Tackman

Occupation
Yeah quite some time ago about 5 of us bought them up here in Michigan (from different stores) and the glued soles broke on all of our boots. I paid to have mine stitched on but when they wore out I just bought a pair of wolverines from the feed store.
What model did you buy? All the Red Wings I have purchased had stitched soles and were rated good for heat and oil.

andoman

Don't remember now it was some time ago (maybe the first version of them) but I had to take it to get the soles stitched back on.

buckfever

if your willing to spend the money viberg boots are the way to go. I watched two of our guys boots just fall apart mine are still like brand new.

Asphalt/Dirtman

Had a par of red wings for 3 years of asphalt abuse, held up amazingly well. So i bought the same pair again. not sure the number.

Last edited:

The Tackman

Occupation
I am in the process of ordering the COFRA Asphalt boots. They look pretty good on the internet, so I am willing to be a guinea pig and order a pair sight unseen. Wish me luck.

The Tackman

Occupation
The boots came in yesterday via UPS and right out of the box I noticed they seem to be very high quality. I will wear them over the weekend so they can loosen up a bit and Tuesday will wear them at work for the first time. I will report back with a detailed review.

The Tackman

Occupation
I really like the boots except for the fact that they were supposed to be sized like the Red Wings. I wear a 10.5 wide in Red Wings so that is what I ordered. They are about a half size small but the right width. A friend of mine is going to buy these boots and I will order the size 11 and all will be right with my feet.

nismo

It's been a few months now what do you think of the quality of the Cofra Boots?

I'm looking to purchase my bf a better pair of boots that can handle the 300 degree asphalt. Where did you buy them from?

It looks like there are hard to find here in the US?

He is typically a size 9.5 in regular shoes do you think a 10 is better based on your findings if you still like these? Thanks!

The Tackman

Occupation
They are great boots so far. Get a size bigger than you normally wear they seem to run on the small side. I ordered them from Total Relief Footwear in Texas. Good luck and I hope he likes them.

emt566

Occupation
Environmental, Health, & Safety Manager
I am curious to know how the COFRA Asphalt boots have worked out for you guys over time this far. I'm looking into them for some of our paving workers and found the video for Total Relief Footwear.

http://www.totalrelieffootwear.com/cofra-safety-footwear

The video looks like this may be one of the first boots that actually got it right when it comes to an asphalt boot but I'd love to hear from someone that’s actually worn it on the job. Are they really as comfortable, durable, & heat resistant as the video and testimonial make it sound? Does the smooth bottom cause the boots to be anymore slippery on surfaces that a regular boot covered in tack and rocks would be? Thanks for your input.

Last edited by a moderator:

nismo

I am curious to know how the COFRA Asphalt boots have worked out for you guys over time this far. I'm looking into them for some of our paving workers and found the video for Total Relief Footwear. http://www.totalrelieffootwear.com/cofra-safety-footwear
The video looks like this may be one of the first boots that actually got it right when it comes to an asphalt boot but I'd love to hear from someone that’s actually worn it on the job. Are they really as comfortable, durable, & heat resistant as the video and testimonial make it sound? Does the smooth bottom cause the boots to be anymore slippery on surfaces that a regular boot covered in tack and rocks would be? Thanks for your input.

I bought my fiance them for xmas and they fit good he said he likes them and can't wait to try them out....but won't know until Paving season starts in May how they hold up. I bought him a 9.5 his old workboots were a 10 but he said he could probably have been ok with a 9. So they may run a little big. He wears 9.5 for all his sneakers addidas, puma, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

fronbi

Purchased last season and loved them - extremely comfortable but unfortunately they lasted only 4 mos before rubbery cover wore through soles. Very disappointed that boots made for asphalt would not last.

DirtHauler

Occupation
Heavy Highway Dirt Hauler
Purchased last season and loved them - extremely comfortable but unfortunately they lasted only 4 mos before rubbery cover wore through soles. Very disappointed that boots made for asphalt would not last.
which ones did you buy?