• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What Asphalt Boots?

oberon4

I would suggest to buy Cofra 1/2 size smaller starting from size 12. There is really no generic way to convert european sizes to US sizes.

TEC

Redbacks. Wore a pair of my brother in laws while visiting my sister in Sydney. Didn't buy a pair but was thinking about them, and had her bring me a pair when she came over. Now I have four pair for everything I do. Probably got about 10-15 others into them too.

Mlight

So the Cofra boots are worth getting? They last? And can stand up to the harsh conditions of asphalt without having to replace them every 6 months? I am looking to buy a pair. Or should I just get some red wings?

Tacky Dave

I just received my Cofra asphalt boots and I'am not impressed.The boot fit just fine but the way they lace up is not what we are use to,and do not pull up tight around your ankles.I tried ordering the eight inch boot which I would have preferred,but had to settle for the 6 inch.It's hard to describe the lacing and grommet style they use but I would not purchase these again not with out them changing this very important piece of the boot. And as for buying them on-line I should have known better,but for 90.00 dollar's It was a chance worth taking,since there is not a "great" boot out their.In the 30 yrs. of paving I have done, Red Wings have been what I have used,but I have not liked the change's to their boot's over the last 15 yrs.