• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Welcome!!!

rabbit

Occupation
Plumbing and Exavation Contractor
My 2 nephews, sister and I are re-opening a sandstone quarry in Ontario Canada. We have a Cat 916 loader, Sellick 8000 forklift, Moffet Mounty 5000, and a Fiat FR7 Loader.

Good luck on your new venture. :usa

Dr Komatsu

Hi there

Hello everyone,

I'm a Komatsu Field Engineer for the UK Komatsu dealership . Have been with Komatsu UK dealers since 89'
Working on everything from mini excavators to rigid mining trucks.

Great site .:)

JetExHeavyHaul

Occupation
Load Planner
Heavy Hauler

Hello Texas here

I have been doing heavy haul for about 6 years now and have a 4 axle tractor that pulls a 3 axle strech when also run RGN trailers. Been hard last year or so. Economy just bites right now:usa

rabbit

Occupation
Hello Texas here

I have been doing heavy haul for about 6 years now and have a 4 axle tractor that pulls a 3 axle strech when also run RGN trailers. Been hard last year or so. Economy just bites right now:usa

I feel your pain. I too have parked my semi /lowboy for lack of use. Probably drop insurance this next renewal. Having a tough time keeping 12yd and 6 yd trucks going. :usa

cat-mechanic

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Hi all. Spent the past 7 years working for the local Cat dealer here. Have about 20 years experience with several different construction companies all as a mechanic.

GVHALL

Gvhall

I have no heavy equipment experience but am looking for a skid steer for help in building a home on mountain property. Slash piles, removing dead timber, road, trenching, foundation/house pad work, etc. Right now I'm just trying to absorb some of the language and learn what to look for when buying a used machine. I appreciate all the info I've already found on this forum. Thanks to everyone.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Welcome there GV delighted to have you don't hesitate to ask questions of the old duffers and the whippersnappers I sure we will all oblige...............................

rabbit

Occupation
I have no heavy equipment experience but am looking for a skid steer for help in building a home on mountain property. Slash piles, removing dead timber, road, trenching, foundation/house pad work, etc. Right now I'm just trying to absorb some of the language and learn what to look for when buying a used machine. I appreciate all the info I've already found on this forum. Thanks to everyone.

I don't know. I have used the skid steers in the past but my dislike is: too low to the ground, easy to get stuck in mud and driving over branches and brush, you will need several attachment to do your project. I think an all around machine for what you want to do would be a Kubota 4x4 loader with backhoe. They keep their resale value if not trashed so if you didn't want to keep it you could recoup most of your investment.

;):usa

Kwabbus

Thats why Kwabbus.

To introduce myself:

My name is Wouter Mol. I live in the Netherlands. I'm working as a scheduler and consultant at a EPZ Nuclair Power plant in Borselle, near ROTTERDAM (main port of Europe) in Holland. I am involved with their Maintenance and shutdowns. From origin I'm a civil engineer and my first job was working with Jac Rijk, a constructor who (still) owns one of the greatest fleet off CATERPILLAR machines in the Netherlands.

That’s already 30 years ago. It’s also the moment my collection started.
I only collect CATERPILLAR scale models in 1:48-1:50 in original CATERPILLARcolors. Because my career moved through the years from outside to indoors I now only see some sand and dust in the windowcorner off my office.

I'm also a member from the Dutch Bouw Machine Forum [BMF]:

http://www.bouwmachineforum.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=12906&start=330#p395560

I have started writing reviews about all my CATERPILLAR scale models.
So I can go one for many years,,,,,,,, On my wishlist is making my own website.

My other and serious hobby: Search and rescue work with my new dog:
Fellow, a Leonberger. Under supervision from my first dog, a Newfoundlander, and his retired "grandpa" Kwabbus we have started training in the Dutch Search and Rescue group called DRG.

Wanne see more about us? Check his BLOG:

http://fidelisfellowthegardianangel.blogspot.com/

http://people.zeelandnet.nl/cn.drg/

With friendly regards,

Wouter Mol

RoundTuit

Occupation
Air Force Dirt Boy
RoundTuit

Hello all. My name is Justin. I am a heavy equipment operator aka Dirt Boy in the good ol United States Air Force. I have been in for almost 8 years and I am coming up on 2 years as an equipment operator. I have run just about any piece that you can come up with on the mid to small scale size.

Right now I am deployed to the desert from McChord AFB in Washington state and I am wrapping up 6 months of sandy fun thinking about getting home. I have logged hours and hours of equipment time here in some very interesting situations. All in all I have spent a lot of time in Loaders(old cat 2.5yd)(newish cat 4yd), international water trucks, bomag rollers, komatsu graders, komatsu excavator, bobcats(bucket, trencher, breaker, auger), Volvo backhoe, Pollack trenchers with a rock saw(this thing is amazing), 10 and 30T dumps(International 10s and Hino 30s), and the bain of the air force Dirt Boyz existence the street sweeper:throwup. We also have a dozer but we havent had the need to use it.

My proficiency is getting there. The more time I spend on a grader the more I love the piece. The most difficult thing for me to learn has been the dozer. I have only had training and minimal practice operating them though.

When my post count is up to 3! I will start an intro thread with all my info.

My hobbies are driving my VW, video games, and hiking.

stock

Occupation
RoundTuit
Probationary Member

I will welcome him when I get around to it.......................................

stock

Occupation
Failte a mhic, Why the "boltswagen " badge?.........................

RoundTuit

Occupation
Air Force Dirt Boy
Failte a mhic, Why the "boltswagen " badge?.........................

I have been a fan of VW's since 03. Moreso newer models and Vanagons. I am big into the Volkswagen scene up in Washington state and I have a modified 09 Tiguan that I show and take to the track. Close to 275HP and 300lb ft of torque out of my turbocharged 2.0 4 cylinder. :D

stock

Occupation
I have been a fan of VW's since 03. Moreso newer models and Vanagons. I am big into the Volkswagen scene up in Washington state and I have a modified 09 Tiguan that I show and take to the track. Close to 275HP and 300lb ft of torque out of my turbocharged 2.0 4 cylinder. :D

Yep can be done wonder how long for though??????????????????.....................Vor sprung duit tecknik or some such ...........................................VAG "like the veyron though"

YouTube - Bugatti Veyron vs BMW M3