• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Welcome!!!

Karen Liu

Occupation
sales manager
This is Karen from China, I am doing hydraualic fittings and hose assemblies for heavy equipment. And I worked for this area about 2 years. It's a coincidence, I found this forum that I can learn more about heavy equipments. So, now I am here, say hello to everybody!

MrKomatsu

:usawelcome aboard lady....there r a lot of people here....someone will have the answer for what ever you need......:usa

Dirty Girl

Occupation
Grader Operator (Logging)
Hello All, I'm a newly graduated HEO. I'm finished certification on excavator and starting on grader. I LOVE IT! Any words of wisdom about getting hired when I'm finished school? I'm really new to the whole industry and anything is appreciated.

Bakerman

Occupation
Surveyor
Hello. I'm a surveyor and generally work on construction sites. I'm very interested in the machine control equipment that is available now. I'm especially interested in the design of the 3d models that drive the machines.

This is a great site and I'm glad that "uncle" Google lead me here. - Frank

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Hello All, I'm a newly graduated HEO. I'm finished certification on excavator and starting on grader. I LOVE IT! Any words of wisdom about getting hired when I'm finished school? I'm really new to the whole industry and anything is appreciated.

Well ta failte romhat. welcome there DG do tell us of your experiences..........

ON-Inspector

Hello from Southern Ontario! been lurking for some time and thought i'd join to share some photo's.

I've been a construction inspector for about 6 years now, (i know i know, the ones you love to hate:beatsme) but i really enjoy the business, and love the info on here.

stock

Occupation
Well done and welcome I look forward to hearing your side of the story and maybe how we can both change to help make each others job easier.....

ON-Inspector

Common sense is the biggest hurdle as i am sure you can imagine. The vast majority of contractors we work with take time and pride in their work, and I learn a lot from them, unfortunately there are the few that are out to just turn a quick buck and get things done cheaply that tarnish reputations.

We have a common practice at my company that all new designers must spend at least 2 seasons in the field to "learn" how things go together, and how to design plans that actually work. There is no substitute for mud on your boots!

Mike

chiptoomey

chiptoomey

Hi all...now that I know why I can't start a thread, I'll introduce myself and try to get my three posts.

My name is Chip, I recently purchased a '68 Case 580CK to use around the yard. Overall, the machine is in great shape. It runs strong, digs well and so far, is doing what I ask. I have a few technical issues that I am working on, but those will come in later posts.

For now, it is good to see so many people working with old equipment.

Cheers,
Chip

rabbit

Occupation
Plumbing and Exavation Contractor

Been in and around the Excavating, Demolition, Underground and plumbing business for about 50 years.

Have a Plumbing and construction company with my son, in Tonasket, WA. USA. We do all phazes of pipe work including no dig installation.

:)

stock

Occupation
Welcome there rabbit hope you enjoy the forum.

Are you one of them fellas that put in services with no excavation ????

or warning tape,

the ones that the locates can't find or that are not on any Drawing?????

rabbit

Occupation
Plumbing and Exavation Contractor
new members

Weelll, Stock, I may be guilty at times. But the alternative is digging up some very expensive real estate. Probably not in any area anyone would be digging anyway. Past projects are: under buildings, in down or up slopes and retaining walls. and not easily accessed areas. Our work is mostly digging them up but we can also reline an existing sewer line, 4 to 6 inch.
:)

Dirty Girl

Occupation
Grader Operator (Logging)
Well done and welcome I look forward to hearing your side of the story and maybe how we can both change to help make each others job easier.....
hello Stock. Don't really have any experiences ....yet. I'll be sure to keep ya posted though!

brock38

Occupation
Retired
Hello from Australia, I am a retired Earthmoving Mechanic, and I am happy to share my Knowledge to other people, that I can pass on to members in need of some information, about there problems, otherwise the future Generation's will never know !

PS.born in 1938. :)

stock

Occupation
Hello from Southern Ontario! been lurking for some time and thought i'd join to share some photo's.

I've been a construction inspector for about 6 years now, (i know i know, the ones you love to hate:beatsme) but i really enjoy the business, and love the info on here.

Sorry DG I was referring to ON-inspector who has been a site inspector and who, in time to come you will lock horns with or one with of his equals....

hello Stock. Don't really have any experiences ....yet. I'll be sure to keep ya posted though!

DG I see by your primary post that you are a recently qualified HEO; I am in construction for more years than I care to remember,probably longer than you are on the planet and I am slow to say I am qualified on anything as is always seems to bite me in the backside when I do,I know a few things but there is a lot to learn even for an old duffer like me.I rant enough,lots of people come here looking for advice on HEO schools which you have experience of so why not in form us of you personal experiences there...................

uconn91

Occupation
Industrial Sales Manager
I work in the filtration industry and have for over 3 years. My experience is in the industrial (hydraulic, lube, compressor and petroleum markets) If anyone has any questions regarding water in fuel, what filters work best, etc.... I would be glad to assist. Also, if anyone needs assistance in finding a replacement filter I might be able to help with that as well. I look forward to learning from the people on this forum and hope to be able to share.

wozza71

Hi Guys great forum,

Im Wozza from Victoria,Australia.

I have interest in quarrying and a little plant hire over here in the "land down under"

Im enjoying this site very much

Cheers Wozza

Priemsy

Another Aussie here. Retired on a block in western Victoria. Got my Case 580K super today, drove it 200 meters up my track and run out of fuel, geez dealers can be tight. Looking for the hand primer on the pump but can't find one. Can anybody help?