• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Welcome!!!

AlbertaAl

Occupation
Grader Operator
Good morning everyone!! I just registered here and this is my first post!! I am a grader operator from western Canada and I work for a municipality west of Edmonton Alberta. I have been operating a grader for about 20 years and have been at my current job for about 5 years. Intersting site with lots of information......this should be a blast to participate in!!!

Cheers Al

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Welcome to the forum AlbertaAl. :usa

There's a number of Canucks on the forum and a number of grader hands. :)

DonBC

Occupation
Retired mechanical engineer.
Another west coast Canadian

I found this site a couple of days ago and registered. I live on Gabriola Island just off Vancouver Island. I got an interest in all things mechanical from growing up on a wheat farm in southern Saskatchewan but I was never a heavy equipment operator. I got a degree in mechanical engineering so my equipment experience was limited to some exposure with summer jobs or some sideline projects which gave me experience on tractor and crawler loader/backhoes and a snowcats grooming ski runs. When we moved to Gabriola Island I saw a need for a small road grader to maintain and construct private driveways for the numerous acreages on the island. There were several loader/backhoes and excavators but no graders on the island. I picked up an Allis Chalmers Model D grader which is a perfect size for this type of work. This is a retirement hobby and a source of some supplementary retirement income. If anyone knows of a D grader parts machine I am looking for the angle drive for the power circle.

Arni

Hi All

We are working mainly with technics by JCB (JCB 3CX\3CX Super\ 4CX, JCB JS200L, JS240L) but with another too (Caterpillar, Volvo CE, Hitachi etc.)

Hope, here I can improve my English and learn more about heavy construction equipment.

Best Regards from Russia,

Arni

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Welcome come one come all ...............

Bullpuncher

On the road but own a house in Gainesville, Florid
Occupation
Construction Quality Assurrance
Whats Happening Everyone

Hello,
My name is bullpuncher,it is a goofy name, but I have had it since I was 17 and working for a rodeo stock contractor. I live and work in Florida as an inspector for an engineering
firm. I go all over the state working on landfills and water waste water systems. I started out as a laborer straight out of highschool and worked my way up to operator and lead man. I have been working as an inspector since 2006 and and still get the itch to get back on some iron every now and then.

I heard the best quote that I have ever heard the other day " The only reason I am a legend is because I have grey hair, if it wasn't for the grey hair I would just be another engineer" Dr. David Crapps

stock

Occupation
Hello,
My name is bullpuncher,it is a goofy name, but I have had it since I was 17 and working for a rodeo stock contractor. I live and work in Florida as an inspector for an engineering
firm. I go all over the state working on landfills and water waste water systems. I started out as a laborer straight out of highschool and worked my way up to operator and lead man. I have been working as an inspector since 2006 and and still get the itch to get back on some iron every now and then.

I heard the best quote that I have ever heard the other day " The only reason I am a legend is because I have grey hair, if it wasn't for the grey hair I would just be another engineer" Dr. David Crapps

Welcome thar lad ,best tell me some more bout my lost kin folk..........

ngv1515

ngv1515

hi my name is Nelson and i am a VW Audi technician but i started turning wrenches when i was 12 years old with my uncle rebuilding a 1973 D6-C. i had lots of fun welding and cutting metal. yes i was a little too young:tong Now 12 years later my uncle needs my help because he is a little too old. so thats why im here, to learn about CATs and possibly switch from cars to CATs. looking forward to it too.

Madmark73

Occupation
In the mining industry.
Hey, i am a Fitter by trade, mostly worked with the Cat dealer in NSW Australia, Also worked for Kenworth for 4 years. Now off the spanners in Sales .

Madmark73

Madmark73

Occupation
In the mining industry.
Hey, i am a Fitter by trade, mostly worked with the Cat dealer in NSW Australia, Also worked for Kenworth for 4 years. Now off the spanners in Sales .

Madmark73

Have some great pics to post..when i get the go ahead to post them!!!

hrlow2

Hello to all and thank you for admitting me.
Honestly, I'm here for a friend who doesn't have internet access. He asked me to help him out, so trying to do so.
My friend is starting an excavation company and s trying to find the books he needs to study for the test.
Will provide the names needed if anybody thinks they might be willing or able to assist.

stock

Occupation
Site Engineers Manual

This is an excellent book and given a choice I would want it on a desert island ; along with a few others ,good broadband to access the net and this HEF.Qball did have some books listed here as well which may be more suited to your side of the planet,but the one I listed above I can't recommend highly enough.

PS we are all here to be of assistance..

Last edited:

hrlow2

The ones my friend has me looking for are
Heave Equiptment OperationsLevel 1 Trainee Guide.
Also Levels 2 and 3 of the same name.
Heavy Highway Level 1
International Building Code.

Any and all assistance would be appreciated.

HSV127

Hsv127

Hi, I'm from the central north island New Zealand, I have been operating machinery on farms doing everything from cultivation to making sites for cowsheds and the like. We run a mixture of mainly older earthmoving gear including:

6 Cat 613A scrapers
Michigan 111 scraper
Cat 320A digger
Cat EL240B digger
Cat EL300B digger
Cat D6H bulldozer
Cat Challenger MT745
Champion D680 grader
Komatsu D21A-6 bulldozer

Plus a whole bunch of ag tractors and gear.
Found this site when I was searching for information on a scraper, huge amount of information on here!

My hobbies are machinery and cars, hence the name, this is one of my cars which is a 1988 Holden VL Walkinshaw, the Aussie and NZ boys will know it.

Shale

hello, reporting from new jersey here. just wanna say i love dirt ! I look forward to talking construction with everyone here. ive been working with a company doing synthetic fields and parks the past few years. i love operating equipment but also do a fair share of laboring. My favorite piece was a 1975 cat 977 track loader. And also like the new Cat 314 with front the front blade/stablizer. ok talk to u soon

cjkustoms

Occupation
Rental Store owner
Hello from Ontario, Canada
Looking for info and help with our case 580 sl series 2, we have lost forward and reverse. thanks in advance for any advice out there.