• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Welcome!!!

Neolt

New!

Hello everyone,
I am pleased to be part of this group of enthusiasts. :bouncegri
I have learned a lot by reading here. and I hope to learn more.
I can not wait to share with you my equipment. (Amongst others the Hough HAH 1950 as you can see on my avatar)

Greetings!

Excuse my English, I'm french Canadian :canada

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Hello to all,

I guess my friends call me mr. fixit cause I'll try to fix most anything and succeed more often than not.

I was a Bobcat field tech for 9 years before moving to Maine in 2004, and still work on a few machines now and then.

I don't have much experience operating but have helped out on the site work at about half a dozen new houses in the last couple of years.

Welcome to the Heavy Equipment Forums

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Welcome all

Stock

Bootguy

I spent 7 summers as a logger working various skidders, dozers, and large tractors. After those 7 lucky years of no injuries(not counting so many bruises and cuts) I decided to work for myself and started a ladscaping business. It started out as a lot of grass mowing which paid the bills and allowed me to buy a good size tractor and various attachments and implements. Now, I have purchased my first mini ex.(used) and I am doing much bigger jobs. I am enjoing it and making ok $$$. Slow steady growth of the business works for me. Great Site!

Psychotiller

Occupation
H.E.O. @ Greenview Resource Management
Howdy!

Well, I've been around all types of machines my whole life. Last year I decided to go get certified on Heavy Equipment. It feels good to at least be able to show credentials right :beatsme
work is slow though, so even though I am at work right now, I spend most of my time on my laptop. When I'm not online looking for more work, I'm running an Excavator. Anyone else on this forum from Southern Cal?

Planenut99

Hello all,
After maintaining airplanes for 27 years, I took a job about a year ago assisting running a shop that maintains excavating equipment. My duties range from performing maintenance to ordering parts/tooling and assigning work scope. We have about 15 excavators (mostly Komatsu), 7 dozers, dump trucks, backhoes, crew trucks, etc.

I look forward to learning all this new stuff! I've already picked up on quite a bit here prior to joining.

Jeff

rikk

hey there im rik
ive joined to sort a few problems with an old jcb 3cx / 1400b that ive bought but cant post yet so ill just say hi and answere a few post till i become of age as you might say

cheers rik

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Welcome to the forum rikk hope you have some pictures for us.

Stock

Captain Call

Occupation
Operator, Grade Checker
Hello.......I'm new here. My dad had a dirt company in So Cal until the late 80's. Some old timers in the Orage County area might remember Stellway Excavating. Anyways, I run iron now. Although I must admit, I check grade most of the time. I live in Utah but this winter I came down to So Cal for some work (wierd since it's soooooo slow down there) but I pulled some strings and kept busy.

Rocksteady

Greetings everyone.

Glad to have found this forum.

Still trying to get into the industry as an operator. I got my CDL and NCCER cert. a few years ago after getting out the Army.

amunderdog

Hello all.
Was wandering around the info super hwy and some how ended up here.
Do not know why i had never seen this rest stop before.
Anyway.
I am a backhoe operator and Truck driver.
Have been running Case Backhoes for over 20yrs
Truck driver as many years.
Now i own a backhoe - dozer - trackloader - dump truck - farm tractor.
They are all like me (About wore out) but they are here and paid for.
So we get together and do things. wonder which of us will die first?

Last edited:

JonesBros

Occupation
Operator/Mechanic/Truck Driver/Fabricator
Greetings fellow Dirt Mechanics

I'm 24 years old and have been running machinery since I was about 13. My fathers owns an excavation company and he has been in business for over 37 years now. If your on the east coast and happen to get a Rish Reporter (Komatsu mag) then for February you'll see us on the cover & on the inside. We've got quite the collection of equipment ranging from a brand new 2008 420E Backhoe w/ 8.2 hours (mine personally) to a Komatsu 220LC-6 w/ a 55 foot long reach boom to a pair of matching Cat 12G Graders and everything in between. I mostly run a Badger 670 hydraulic rubber tired excavator, a Cat 2004 Cat 420D backhoe, a 95 Athey 7-12 Forcefeed loader, a 12G grader, 200LC-8 Komatsu Excavator and the list just goes on and on. Glad to be a part of the forum here and just looking to bum around and learn something and add what little bit of info i may know. Thanks guys!

joeeye59

Occupation
A Man with a Backhoe
Greetings fellow Dirt Mechanics

I'm 24 years old and have been running machinery since I was about 13. My fathers owns an excavation company and he has been in business for over 37 years now. If your on the east coast and happen to get a Rish Reporter (Komatsu mag) then for February you'll see us on the cover & on the inside. We've got quite the collection of equipment ranging from a brand new 2008 420E Backhoe w/ 8.2 hours (mine personally) to a Komatsu 220LC-6 w/ a 55 foot long reach boom to a pair of matching Cat 12G Graders and everything in between. I mostly run a Badger 670 hydraulic rubber tired excavator, a Cat 2004 Cat 420D backhoe, a 95 Athey 7-12 Forcefeed loader, a 12G grader, 200LC-8 Komatsu Excavator and the list just goes on and on. Glad to be a part of the forum here and just looking to bum around and learn something and add what little bit of info i may know. Thanks guys!

Where are you on the East Coast? I'm here in CT in New Haven County...

NatureBoy

Hi everyone! I've been reading the forum for a while now and finally registered. I've got an interesting background I guess... I'm 22 years old and have 2 years of college done. I'm in the process of enlisting in the Virginia Air National Guard and my job will be Equipment Operator. I'm excited about getting into it, and I'm really hoping my military experience will lead me to a fulltime EO position as well.

Hopefully things will turn around here soon and those of us that are hurting will be experiencing good times shortly!

ibdan61

ibdan61

Hello all, my name is Dan as you have probably figured out. I stumbled on to this site while researching a piece of equipment I was dispatched to operate.
I have been a member of IUOE Local 12 for 12 years now but I have been on various pieces since I was tall enough to reach the pedals...lol. Grandpa owned a general engineering company called Elm St Const in MA and I have been here in Central CA since '83 working as an operator. The reason I was researching a machine I was dispatched to run is because I have run almost brand and size of excavators from lil daewoo and kubota minis all the way up to grandpas 1266 Koehring and his American 575 Crawler Crane w/cable backhoe attachment and for the life of me I have never heard of or seen a John Deere EX750. I worked for this company once before and ran their Hitachi EX750 and the only thing I can think is that they painted it yellow and put JD stickers on it.....lol. Once again ...hello all and I am off to surf this site.

Dan

ibdan61

I joined this group only minutes ago. I found Heavy Equipment while researching CTL use in the forestry industry, within which I operate. Anyone out there hauling logs on smaller forestry operations?

Hey there ForestDan where the heck are you logging in SoCal????.....lol