• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Welcome!!!

j&d

Occupation
Crop & Livestock Producer
Hi my name is Jeff. I'm a farmer in S.E. Iowa. Found your great site while browsing a long time ago. Appreciate the info and love the photos others are kind enough to share. Perhaps I can contribute somewhere along the line. I'm a rookie on this internet thing though. I decided to register because I have some questions I'll be asking real soon that I was sure the regulars on this site could help me with.
I can't get the dirt moving bug out of my system. I worked for a nearby small contractor doing predominately farm work for 25 years operating dozers mostly and an occasional scraper,backhoe,and maybe even excavator once or twice. We recently purchased a dozer for our own use on the farm thinking I'd have time to sit in the seat. I am addicted to it. Now the neighbors and other contractors are calling wanting work done or help and I can't even get done harvesting. The list is getting longer and there is only one of me. What have I done. :Banghead

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I can't get the dirt moving bug out of my system.
We recently purchased a dozer for our own use on the farm
I am addicted to it.
The list is getting longer and there is only one of me.
What have I done.

Welcome to the Forums Jeff!:drinkup Yep looks like ya' got tha' fever.

wingnut

Occupation
owner of a small sand gravel backhoe and dozer ser
Hi everone, My name is Larry. I have been a auto mechanic for about 25 years and thought that heavy equipment would be a change of pace in my life.. (I was getting burned out anyway) .... So, I got a hold of some older heavy equipment and thought I would start a small dozer, dirt, and gravel bussiness here in central Texas... I have 2 dozers ( one is a 1959 D-7 cat . and the other is a 1964 TD9 international ) A backhoe ( 1984 JCB 1400b ) and a 1977 C-60 dump truck ... HEY, Ive got to start somewhere right ? So , I thought I would come on this site and listen , talk , get advice "lots of advice" from yall and try to be part of the "crew" if yall have room... I enjoy fishing , learing , and trying to keep this old equip. working ... You guys sound like good company , hope you dont mind if I stick around a bit ? .... Larry

Wilhelm911

Occupation
Loader guy
Wilhelm911

Hello Everyone, I'm Bryan and like most of you my life revolves around dirt. I live in eastern PA, right at the bottom of coal country. Been in the industry now for a little over 3 years. Started off as a laborer... today I'm running a 953C on a pipe crew. Dirt work is great but you can't beat laying pipe with double stacked boxes in rock down the middle of a road with water pouring in the ditch.... guess its a pipe guy thing..:beatsme Anyway I've been searching the forum finding some great information. Can't wait to share some pictures and conversation with you guys! :drinkup
Bryan

Polar Bear

Hi all

heavy equipment industry forum wery nice

Wery difrent from the sat hobby :)

Thenks for hat my onbord

/Polar Bear

Jeremy

Occupation
Heavy Equipment mechanic/welder
Jeremy

COOL site!!!

My names Jeremy. I work at Casey Equipment Co. in Arlington Hts., Illinios. I'm a Field mechanic/certified welder. I have been working at Casey since I was sixteen during the Summers, pressure washinf the equipment and sweeping floors.(Gotta start somewhere....right?) Went into the United States Air Force after graduation as a Heavy Equipment mechanic. After my time in the service I returned to Casey Equipment and have been back here since 1996.

I'm currently working on helping Mike Rowe(Of Dirty Jobs) and several others like oursleves, build a "Trades Resource Center" on his new website. Its a PR Campaign for "hard work" and promoting the "skilled trades".

mikeroweWORKS
www.mikeroweworks.com

Glad to be onboard here!

Jeremy

mally

Occupation
supervisor
Hello from maine

Hello, my name is Malcolm. I am currently employed by a new company in northern Maine. My duties are earthwork supervisor,estimating,job layout and site grading ,excavator and dozer operator, lowbed and dump truck driver,part time mechanic,and laborer. I have 17 years experience in construction including asphalt paving and concrete plant operations. This has to be the best site for construction i have ever seen. I have been visting this site for a year. After seeing the new laser forum i just had to become a member

HEO Girl

Here, there, and everywhere in Maine and beyond
Occupation
Fence & Guardrail Installation
HEO Girl

Hey there guys!!!!

My names Katelyn and I'm just a crazy rough necks daughter. I live in the good ol' state of Maine!! ^.^ I'm a first year college student taking a general major but next year I'll be going to school for Heavy Equipment Operating!!! Buwhahaha. Feel the wrath of the female Heavy Equipment Operators!! =] I <3 Dirt!! Nice to meet yall!! =]

Cmark

Cmark

Hello all

I've been learning how to repair heavy plant every day for the past 25 years now. I keep waiting for my graduation letter, but it never arrives. Must be lost in the mail? :rolleyes:

Worked mainly on the Cat stuff for the last 20 so I'd like to think I can offer an opinion on tech problems with most Cat, some Komatsu and any other general non-manufacturer-specific problems.

Just glad to help.

Dazman

Hello All. Another member from Australia (West. Aus.)

Do transport logistics for a limestone quarry. In the quarry itself (all CAT equipment) 4x 980's (F/G), a 966E a 988F, D11R and D9N. Plus a few mobile crushers/screen and occasionally a pugmill.

Been reading this site for the last few months, so thought I'd register.

TomCat795F

Occupation
Coal Miner
Hi everyone

I've been an equipment operator for the last 27 years. 7 years of road building, and now 20 years of open pit mining.

Looks like a very cool forum!!!

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums TomCat795F, glad to have you here.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
4x 980's (F/G), a 966E a 988F, D11R and D9N. Plus a few mobile crushers/screen and occasionally a pugmill.

Been reading this site for the last few months, so thought I'd register.

In that case you'll know that PICTURES are required ;) only joking, welcome aboard, pictures are always welcome but not mandatery :)

MAC-EX

* n g

Hey gang, The name is Bill, greengillbill, or as logged, MAC-EX. I have been operating for around 15 yrs. Experienced in several aspects of operating. Overlot, residential-commercial, mainline, and service utilities. My fav machine prolly is the excavator. Heck, if its yellow, I like it.:) My first job, believe it or not, was moving houses. My step dad is a house mover and demolition contractor. I was 13 yrs old when I started that. Also first machine I operated was a 977 track loader, what kick in the pants. I like dirt, but I love destruction more. I finally decided to follow my dreams and start my own company. NO, I am not a weekender hack, NO, I am not undercutting my competition and cutting throats to get ahead. Now that we have that clear. lol But you gotta start somewhere, right?

Hobbies include; Riding the Harley, hot rods, running yellow iron, building the business, drag racing (legally of course:cool:) and drinkin beer :drainpipes gave that up. drank my share, now its some one Else's turn

Hobbies I can afford: NONE lol:beats me

See you guys around I am sure

Last edited by a moderator:

finaldrive

Occupation
Business Owner
Hello everyone,
I'm Todd and I've been in the heavy equipment parts business for the last 13 years. I have extensive experience with Japanese and Korean excavators. Specifically Kobelco and Yutani. Also Komatsu, Samsung/Volvo, Daewoo/Doosan, Hyundai, Halla. I ran a company in the Pacific Northwest for 10 years. We were also a dealer for Koehring and Barko. We converted machines from excavators to log loaders and processors and also built attachments. At the same time we dismantled machines, specializing in Kobelco. My goal has always been to be a one stop shop for a customer and offer various options to solve their problem. I'm one of those guys that started at the bottom rung and worked their way up. Sometimes I miss the days of running parts.
Currently I run a branch of a heavy equipment dismantling company based out of Buffalo, NY. I run the Riverside, CA branch. We also have branches in Ocala, FL and Edmonton, AB. We've dismantled over 3000 machines. Mainly excavators, wheel loaders and dozers. We've also done some scrapers and rock trucks. We're heavy into Komatsu and CAT.
I also oversee the generic aftermarket business for our organization. Specifically Japanese and Korean excavator Final Drives (hence the name)
We're the largest distributor for Final Drives in North America and also supply new Main Hydraulic Pumps, Turntable Bearings, Swing Motor Assemblies and Track Springs.
I have a lot of knowledge with the above mentioned brands as well as Doosan/Daewoo, Hyundai, Samsung/Volvo, Halla, Kato and Mitsubishi. If it's a Japanese or Korean excavator, chances are I know about it or know the right people who can help.
I hope to be a positive contributor to this site and help members solve problems. And of course I love talking about heavy equipment in general.
Currently I oversee