1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Welcome!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Steve Frazier, May 7, 2004.

1. Michaelh_2006

Michaelh_2006 Member

Hello

Name is Mike. Work as a technician for a rental company mostly on skidsteers and up to JD 135 excavators and couple larger ones. Have 10+ yrs as a mechanic/recovery op in military.

Don't claim to know all. Learn something new everyday whether experience, knowledge, or talking to others

2. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    Welcome to the Forums Mike!:drinkup

3. Brodiesel

Brodiesel Senior Member

My wife make all the $$$.
    Found HEF awhile back, I've never really had the time to post and I usually steer clear of forums in general. BUT, seems like plenty of good info on here and a lot of solid people. I run a business with my wife out of Lodi, CA, we rebuild and repair diesel engines, in our shop and on site. Looking forward to learning more from everyone, thanks.

4. thrashingcows

thrashingcows Well-Known Member

Just started a new thread saying Hello...but came across this one as well.

I'm a commercial trucker, and just moved onto some acreage and bought an older Case 1845C to use on projects and for snow clearing. Had a little machine experience many years ago during my landscaping and pipe laying days....but not much. I"m into old Mopars, restored a few, and have been really into 1st Gen cummins trucks the last 5-6 years. I do all my own work, as much as I am able with out a fully stock shop....so not afraid to get in and tear things apart and fix what's needed.

Hope to use this site as a valuable resource for keeping my old machine in good working condition.

5. Queenslander

Queenslander Senior Member

Welcome to HEF thrashingcows.
    Iam certain that you will find plenty of expert advice here to help keep your skid steer in good order.
    Gotta ask though, as Iam a cattleman as much as a heavy equipment operator, how did you come up with your username?
    Cheers, Greg

6. daddy2kids

daddy2kids Member

Hello, new user here.

7. Foothills88

Foothills88 Member

Hello,
    My name is Brandon I just found HEF a few day ago and decided to join. I'm 28 I've grown up on a farm in the foothills of NC running all kinds of equipment since I could reach the gas and breaks. I do work on the side with my new but used Kubota L3800 tlb and just got my first dump truck which is an old 1985 international s1600 crew cab with the old 6.9 I'm looking to graduate from the tlb to a mini excavator in the 3.5 - 4 ton class soon as I get this tlb payed off.
    I look forward to learning more from everyone on this site. Thanks y'all

8. stock

stock Senior Member

We have moved on and now were lost....
    Welcome there lad now as soon as you can post some pix of your gear for us to salivate at...................

9. Foothills88

Foothills88 Member

IMG_20170311_101348808.jpg IMG_20170321_161711470.jpg IMG_20170311_101348808.jpg IMG_20170321_161711470.jpg IMG_20170225_115155488.jpg Screenshot_2017-04-02-00-09-14.png
    Here y'all go this is my setup right now.
    It's killing me not to have a mini :(

10. missjeriblue

missjeriblue Member

My name is Jeri. I am completely green to this field. I recently became an accepted applicant into the Local 12 Operating Engineers Training Trust.

Just trying to soak up all I can.

11. quicknclean

quicknclean New Member

Owner-Operator
    Hello there! My name is Paul and I am the Owner-Operator of Quick N' Clean Services in Mayer, Minnesota. We were established in 2006 and started out doing landscaping and tree care. Over the years, we have been known to rent out our equipment to DIY'ers and have even started getting into sales. For our jobs and rentals, we use have used everything from trucks, trailers, skid loaders, backhoes, compactors, attachments, and more.

I love machines, I love talking about my machines, so please don't be afraid to message me!

Paul
    Owner-Operator
    Quick N' Clean Services
    Mayer, MN

12. MoonlightBeast

MoonlightBeast New Member

Um, hi :D My name is Adam. New one on the forum, hoping I'm gonna have a great time here :p

13. Optic Armor

Optic Armor New Member

Aaron Faulconer Sales Manager
    Hello
    We are a manufacture of severe duty windows for heavy equipment and have been manufacturing for 20 years.
    Into anything mechanical......
    Aaron

14. DavePat

DavePat New Member

Hey there! Im, Dave. Were do I start? Equipment I own... CAT 92' D4H2, Lil'Bubba curb machine.... an old 78' international dump truck that runs (not running) on propane... I'm a former CA Army NG Huey UH-1H crewchief / C-23 Sherpa flight engineer.... OIF / OEF VET (2003-2004)... Bought the Dozer in '04 as a tax write off... I've been a GC now for like 13 years. I live on 40ac of rocky / clay / boulderish stuff..... I hate working on equipment, so thank you for all of your support and help. I will try to help where I can. When I can.
    Edit :
    Im in Central California, I love to fish, hike, camp... other websites I lurk on are free republic, Iboats, and prepperfourms. Im not excellent at any of those things. I was an excellent Huey mechanic though.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  15. Reese1968

Reese1968 New Member

Hello I am Randy. I used to be a General Contractor, my back went south and I went north. Now I do powder coating and sandblasting. I dont do much of anything besides work. Trying to change that! Glad to see folks like this coming together to help others!

16. Mike_12

Mike_12 New Member

Hello guys,

my name is mike i am new to this site, i hope to learn alot here.

17. ps66x4

ps66x4 Active Member

cement mason
    Welcome to HEF. I know you will find it interesting here.