• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Weird Hydraulic Issue cat 315CL

floridamechanic

Hydrostatic-Transmissions.com out of Mississippi, what do you mean by recommendation for compressor? What oil do you recommend?

TVA

I’m in Mobile not that long, I heard about another place somewhere in Hattiesburg.
Back in Seattle it was HDR in Pyuallup. But I did use small place in Tacoma called Epic industrial Services.
HDR is part of Hydraulex, Flynt Hydrostatic is part of Hydraulex also.

TVA

Check out this place here on forum!
It sounds like the one a lot of members had bad experience with!
Suspiciously they had good reviews only with people from Tupelo. I think they sell the service on eBay as rebuild/exchange for Sauer Danfoss Series 20! If that’s the one - stay away from them!!!

TVA

Check out this place here on forum!
It sounds like the one a lot of members had bad experience with!
Suspiciously they had good reviews only with people from Tupelo. I think they sell the service on eBay as rebuild/exchange for Sauer Danfoss Series 20! If that’s the one - stay away from them!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20-2082-Sundstrand-Sauer-Danfoss-Hydrostatic-Hydraulic-Variable-Piston-Pump/381682492736?_trkparms=aid=444000&algo=SOI.DEFAULT&ao=1&asc=20171010182220&meid=585ba33e6ceb497489fd7330cf2dc58b&pid=100891&rk=2&rkt=12&sd=381682492737&itm=381682492736&_trksid=p2349624.c100891.m5206

Looks like it’s them!
Your free to check out your self! But I think they are “famous” here on HEF, as the entity who will promise you “mountains of gold” but delivring on that promise - that’s what they have problems with!!!

TVA

A good-quality (not parts store brand in other words) SAE 10W hydraulic for your climate would be my call.
What does your Operation & Maintenance Manual say..? (I'm assuming that you have one.)

IDK Nyge! I remember even in Seattle Case recommendet AW46, which is SAE 15w-20w. And 90 series case used the same Rexroth A8VO as B generation CAT. Here in Mobile - which has pretty much same climate as Florida it’s a toss up between AW46 and AW68, owners of older more tired equipment trying AW68 in summer time.

TVA

Must be. In my business I have to warranty my work so I cant just buy stuff like that from people I don't know. Seems to be a HUGE gamble to me.
No I consider buying used from eBay for vary cheap as “bones” for rebuild! Like few months ago for Italian made 100 ton travel lift. The original Brevini pump was no good anymore and was absolete! And you know how it goes without core to rebuild! It goes up to$13000-$15000. At that time was whole bunch of industrial A4VS on eBay, with DFR controls $3500-$4000, they had a keyed shafts - but we could fixe that with flex plate adapter from Heayes! We were seriously considering it! But than owner of the machine talked to his friend who worked for Huge oil company here in Gulf, and that friend promised a great price on brand new Sauer Danfoss Series 45 , little low on displacement - but you don’t want to be in real hurry handling 3 million dollars Yacht!!!

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
ISO 10, just wanted you experts to verify, yes have cat ET and SIS on laptop
Not ISO 10, SAE 10W. They are different viscosity scales
The ISO equivalent of SAE 10W is somewhere in the range between ISO 22 and ISO 32 - see attached chart.

@TVA - My last two gigs have been in tropical climates, never below 70F even in the "coldest" of what passes for winter nights. We used SAE10W in all Cat hydraulic systems (excavators, dozers, graders, etc) without a problem. IMHO in Florida SAE10W will work just fine.

upload_2019-2-6_10-16-29.png

TVA

Not ISO 10, SAE 10W. They are different viscosity scales
The ISO equivalent of SAE 10W is somewhere in the range between ISO 22 and ISO 32 - see attached chart.

@TVA - My last two gigs have been in tropical climates, never below 70F even in the "coldest" of what passes for winter nights. We used SAE10W in all Cat hydraulic systems (excavators, dozers, graders, etc) without a problem. IMHO in Florida SAE10W will work just fine.

View attachment 192370
Got it Nyge! I think best to use OEM recommendations!