• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

wat is name of this part?

mtnman

ive got 580b backhoe.dont know what this part im needing is called.holds the loader on the tractor.directly infront of the steerng wheel.its a long shaft going from arm to arm.directly below it is were hydrolic fluid goes.above is hydrolic vent tubes.i called it main pivot shaft.anyway the bearing is out on 1 side so bucket wont lift.i feel stupid having to ask but if i dont id probably order the wrong darn thing.i just bought this thing and man i got burnt.it fired right up everything worked good,no leaks,dry all around.after 30 min at my home now radiator leaks gas tank leaks got several hydrolic leaks,had hose bust,now bucket wont lift and i think the shuttle is going out.after i ran it 15min or so it stoped on small incline.1 thing i know is me or him 1 is gettin a old fashion butt woopin.lol seriosly thou.

Delmer

Have you checked your hydraulic fluid level since you got it home? I can't see how the bearing/bushing being out would keep the loader from lifting. If it was seized tight the loader cylinders would break it loose, or break it off.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Have you checked your hydraulic fluid level since you got it home? I can't see how the bearing/bushing being out would keep the loader from lifting. If it was seized tight the loader cylinders would break it loose, or break it off.

You say "got several hydraulic leaks,had hose bust,", so I would agree with Delmer that first thing you need to do is make sure you have enough oil in the hydraulic tank. I just hope when hose burst you did not keep running it when low on hydraulic oil or else you may have destroyed the pump.

If you can post a picture of the "bearing" you think is out of place and stopping it from moving it would make it much easier to give you correct answers.

One more thing, you said bucket won't lift. How about all the other functions? Bucket roll back and dump. Can you pick the front end off the ground by rolling the bucket forwards? Do all the back-hoe functions work, outriggers/stabilizers lift the rear off the ground?