• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Waste oil burner/heater.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I stopped heating shops in the winter. We don't get that cold here and everyone just opens the doors all the time anyway. People would come in the morning after the heaters ran all night and open the doors up to pull machines in or out and all that money went to warming up the outside.

Truck Shop

At 0* with a 15 mph wind here at the wide open spaces of the airport where the shop
is located, with doors up it becomes a wind tunnel. Not to mention I have a tractor and
trailer covered in ice.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
You have full control over the door and I don't think much would get done for you in the winter at those temps. On a five or six bay shop, I'd still leave the heat off during the day and just close the doors. Then again I said up above, it doesn't get that cold on the west side of the mountains.