• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wabco scrapers at work

wries

Hi Leroy the guy Jim is talking about is Frank Woods. I also have a 111a and a parts book but nothing on the electrics

Aussie Leroy

Thankyou wries; Would you give me your details or Frank Woods, so we can come and look or do some tests.

Can i pm you to arrange a chat about my little problem

Thankyou Leroy

To the Wabco Family we really do Appreciate all of your help in all Wabco problems once again Thankyou.

Last edited:

Gord229

Occupation
Operator
Hi Leroy
Sad to see that the transformer is misbehaving for you. Seems this may have been your problem early on when you were having battery discharge issues.
There are perhaps two other people who may be able to shed some light on your problem. One is Frank Cox from Haul Truck Australia, 02 4577 6577, he is an ex-Letourneau/Wabco man from the Rydalmere factory and the other is Peter Hawthorn, AustParts 1800269221 (after hours). He is with Preston's, the old Wabco parts suppliers in Brisbane, but does his own thing after hours.
They may even be able to source a replacement transformer if yours can't be repaired.
Also, if you have it, pages 99 to 104 of Phil Gowenlock's book Wabco Australia contain a really good description of the LW/Wabco electric circuitry with diagrams showing each different circuit. If you don't have it, you can get it direct from Phil through www.tournanet.com, or find it on ebay.
Best of luck
Gordon

Last edited:

Showpony

333ft

getting there

Attachments

• 04.04.2012 002 (3).jpg
    04.04.2012 002 (3).jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,368
  • 04.04.2012 021.jpg
    04.04.2012 021.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,307
  • 04.04.2012 024.jpg
    04.04.2012 024.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,526
  • 04.04.2012 031.jpg
    04.04.2012 031.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,251
  • 04.04.2012 018.jpg
    04.04.2012 018.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,287

JDOFMEMI

Showpony

That is a sharp looking rig there. You have done wonders for the old girl.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

RayC

Occupation
Roading Manager
Showpony

That is one smart looking machines...be proud of your efforts...regards Ray

68M

Showpony,
Wow, looks good, well done. Looked a bit sad last time I saw it in Rex's yard, great to see it preserved and cherished, we need to look after our history especially icons such as 333FT's. Once they're gone they are lost for ever. Keep it up, what is next?
Cheers 68M.

Gord229

Occupation
Operator
Showpony
You are a genius! I don't think they looked that good fresh out of the factory. Seems a shame to get it dirty.
Congratulations on a great restoration.
Cheers
Gordon

Jim Irwin

Showpony,

Awesome, just awesome!

It isnt hard to believe what other think of Wabco's scrapers, most of the people who knock them have never operated them or owned them.

Great job!!

Aussie Leroy

I think all Wabco/LeTourneau Scraper owners in Australia/New Zealand or the Rest of the World should meet once a year for a get together at a given site somewhere in the world to chew the fat about our favorite topic Wabco Scrapers.

The get together my help keep the Wabco/LeTourneau Knowledge alive, and aswell it would help keep the spareparts become a bigger global data base

This is only an idea to see what everyone thinks, I personly would love to be able to talk about this Face to Face

Please comment on this idea YES or NO

Cheers in Wabco Leroy

Aussie Leroy

I think we just keep it simple, like pick a date and venue and country and turn up. Who can and will be able to be there, Once this happens just see where it goes

Cheers in Wabco Leroy