• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wabco scrapers at work

CatGrader

Occupation
Grader Operator
Perhaps a group of us should buy the patents and rights off komatsu!!

Yep good idea hey with modern materials they would be un stoppable. ( except for the pollution control rubbish ) and I would like to throw in there patent for the 825 grader to. i think they stopped making them. lol.

Gord229

Occupation
Operator
Steve,

The elevator motor on the 252FT was a beauty, all hydraulic and it never let me down, or ran too hot in summer. I have often wondered how big a hydraulic motor would have had to be on the 353FT?

It would have to be massive to move not only the chain and elevators, but the material as 27 cu m every 30 seconds!

I can't believe how advanced Le Tourneau was in electrics, pity Wabco isnt around anymore. Perhaps a group of us should buy the patents and rights off komatsu!!

Awesome machines!!

Jim

I couldn't think of a more worthy project that bringing Wabco scrapers back to life! They have never been bettered for ease of loading whether open bowl or elevating.
Perhaps some changes in powertrain components to meet modern emissions regulations (although a well tuned GM always burns clean, just a bit noisy) and a cushion hitch/suspension axle to make the ride even better and you would have a product, I reckon, far superior to anything currently available.

Cheers
Gordon

Showpony

333Ft Progress

ROPS is done, the engineer still needs to sign it off, all going to plan another couple of weeks and the engineering will be complete, a visit from ther sparky to get the engine shut down, gauges and warning systems working, and she,ll be ready to paint.333ft top & fop 31.01.12 018 (3).jpg333ft top & fop 31.01.12 018 (13).jpg333ft top & fop 31.01.12 018 (16).jpg333ft top & fop 31.01.12 023.jpg333ft top & fop 31.01.12 018 (10).jpg

weaknees

Occupation
Earthmoving Contractor
Wow Showpony, that is an impressive effort! I can't wait to see some video of the machine on its first outing with fresh paint.

You have really got me thinking about being more thorough on the rebuild of our second 353FT. I had already decided on some changes, with the Cummins engines having such a light throttle setup we will go from air to electric, save all those electric to air switches and valves. We are going to set up and amp gauge and three voltage gauges (one for each phase) to keep a better eye on the generator and motors, as a response to our electrician explaining how runaway generation is balanced in these brushless motors by a reverse current being generated by motion, and how as the motors speed dies off if high load is permitted (not a problem with Load 1 working), the balancing back current reduces, turning the whole thing into a giant toaster.

Here is a bit of video from the current job (two bouts of heavy rain and a major flood are not helping the bank balance or the work program!)

http://youtu.be/EiUnvaT83eI

Aussie Leroy

Can any one help?? We are still needing info on my Wabco 111A, We need some diagrams or skumatics (don't no if spelling is right) of the transform that lives on top of the altanator,we have had all rebuilt but wiring does not seem to be right, my manaul does not give my man enough tech info so we are getting a bit stuck and if any one can help buy, fax, phone ,email ,forum , aeroplane ticket , or pm, would love to hear from you. Thankyou Leroy

RDG

Occupation
Multi skilled plant operator for 40+yrs
Will be a nice little machine when she,s finished. RDG.

Showpony

111a electrical schemeatics

Hi Lee, These came off the operators manual, if you dont have one, or these images are not clear enough. I can get a copy printed, bound and sent to you.10.03.12 011.jpg10.03.12 012.jpg10.03.12 013.jpg10.03.12 014.jpg10.03.12 015.jpg

Showpony

111a electrics the old girl looks great Lee don't you go off and trade her on a 623.

Attachments

• 10.03.12 016.jpg
    10.03.12 016.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,069
  • 10.03.12 017.jpg
    10.03.12 017.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,064
  • 10.03.12 018.jpg
    10.03.12 018.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,059

Jim Irwin

That looks fantastic Showpony!

With my old 252FT, it had a huge windows all the way around, made for great visibility!

Love the photos!! I bet you cant wait to get her going!

Aussie Leroy

Showpony; No way mate, we will keep going and we will get it right and thankyou for that info i will pass it on to my tech guy. No i won't trade her on a 623 just wanted to know how the ran. 111A will stay maybe i will collect more wabcos. Cheers Leroy

Mate That 333FT looks Hollwood Well Done