• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wabco scrapers at work

td25c

Wabco C-Pull Wiring schematic

Heres what I have on the C-pull Charl , Sorry about the quality but the wife tryed her best on the scanning.Hope this helps.Thats good looking Wabco & cat D7 you have.

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 3,283
  • scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 2,792
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 2,347

Maurice Muenks

Occupation
Owner of an independant heavy equiptment repair bu
Carl N,

Welcome aboard! Electrical problems on LeTourneau, FIRST check the batteries, make sure they are fully charged. The machine should be POSITIVE GROUND. When the master switch is turned on the amp gauge should show a 15 amp draw. If not check the brush holder & brush for corrosion. Basicaly the system is three phase with one phase powering the contactor circuits, which each circuit is wired in a series through the limit switch; the control coil; and the acturater switch.

I have already have had to make a wiring harness for a C-Pull, but that has been probably 15 years ago.

If that helps any.
Maurice

Showpony

Something that is unlikely to occur again

Our 333ft in city of Auckland NZ , waiting for shipping.

Attachments

• 333ft port of AKL 115 (32).JPG
    333ft port of AKL 115 (32).JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,918

Jim Irwin

Great photo Showpony,
I would love to see some more photos of the 333FT. What year was this, and where was it going?

Showpony

Hi Jim The photo was taken in June this year, the machine was shipped to Lyttleton, the main South Island port and the nearest port to our yard near Ashburton NZ. It is the same machine photografed by malcolm on the 15.06.10. He must have taken the pictures a couple of days before we turned up with our cheque book. The machine as we understand it was the first 333FT bought into NZ by Coultmans in about 73. Malcolm has also posted shots of the scraper when it was nearly new. The previous owner bought it in about 1992, I dont think it has done a lot since then.
It took us a good week to get her mobile, seized injector in the front engine, rusted through piping, rocker covers, air cleaners etc, etc. Surprisingly once we got things sorted so we could start the engines, the transmissions, hydraulics, and yes, even the elevator started up an ran without any dramas.
These shots are of the first movements in quite a long time, the previous owner reconed 2 years but a neighbour came over when we started the front engine and said it would have been at least 10 years as he had lived there that long and never seen it move, he thought we were the scrap men coming to cut her up. The other pics are loading up in the wee hours of the morning to beat the Auckland morning traffic, Transcar did the shift they did a fantastic job.
I'll post more sooonView attachment 72086in wilkinsons yard P1030549.JPGloading kumeu 062 (2).JPGloading kumeu 069 (18).JPGloading kumeu 069 (16).JPG

Jim Irwin

Great to see her alive and kicking again!

Such a shame that American Standard decided to stop WABCO, I still think, that even today, they are the best scraper ever designed

1080 bobcat

Occupation
self employed mechainc
good to see old wabco:s still running they where built in my home town toccoa ga sad news though they tore the plant down about 3 years ago

dpull

Occupation
Owner/Operator
Hello 1080 bobcat
Too bad about the plant being tore, I had wanted to come down there sometime to look around. Is there any history of the company when things were up and running left around town? I have a couple of LeTourneau machines.
dpull

1080 bobcat

Occupation
self employed mechainc
dpull there are still some people have pictures and other stuff about the company the historcal mumsem has a good bit of stuff on the company there are still some people can tell u about some of history about working there i live about 2 miles from the plant

dpull

Occupation
Owner/Operator
Hello 1080 bobcat,
Maybe I'll still try to make it down there sometime. If you ever get to talk to any of the Oldtimers around there You might ask if any of them had ever got or kept a booklet called The Co-Operator. It came out ever month or every other month and was started in the early 1940's. I have quite a few but need alot more that are missing for my collection. If you find any Please P/M me and let me know if you don't mind. Do you have any LET equipment? I made friends with a fellow who went to work for Mr R.G. in 1947 working on the Tournadozer line and retired in 1987 from WABCO. He is in his early 80's and boy the stories he has told me about the early years. Very interesting to chat with.
dpull

1080 bobcat

Occupation
self employed mechainc
dpull my wife has a great uncle went to work with mr RG in1940 he has told me story about working there far as the magzine i only seen one of them and the man who had it would not let it go

Gord229

Occupation
Operator
Gord229; Just by way of interest John McCalla tells me my 111A is The last one Built in Rydelmere N.S.W
G'day Leroy
How is the battery charging problem with your 111A going? Have you sorted it out yet?
I hope John McCalla was able to help fix your problem.
If John is right then the serial number of your machine is AGP 1614-DPA2-AF.
Let's know how things are progressing.
Am off to do some more work on my C'Pull on Friday.
Cheers
Gordon

Aussie Leroy

Gord229; Gordon the serial is correct john gave me AGP-1614-DPA2-AF Gordon can you pm me your email address so we can talk with you about wiring diagrams etc, Thanks leroy

tsdevoss

I seen 2 or 3 252's with a bunch of other equipment setting behind a farm house in between Cheyenne and Torrington, Wyoming. probably built alot of soil conservation dams along time ago when the government was paying a bigger part to have them built.